The Student Room Group

Cambridge Freshers Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi :smile:
I'm going to be doing Maths at Christ's this year, and I received a letter saying that I would receive another letter giving me details about accommodation "around the end of August"... Just wondering if anyone else from Christ's has received said letter?
Original post by turnaboutsisters
Hi :smile:
I'm going to be doing Maths at Christ's this year, and I received a letter saying that I would receive another letter giving me details about accommodation "around the end of August"... Just wondering if anyone else from Christ's has received said letter?

No, I haven't. I don't know where I read this, but I'm 99% sure they sent the letters on September 1st, so they should come soon :smile: I know internationals have received their equivalent e-mails.
Original post by tomfailinghelp
No, I haven't. I don't know where I read this, but I'm 99% sure they sent the letters on September 1st, so they should come soon :smile: I know internationals have received their equivalent e-mails.

Ah, okay, thanks! That's a relief to hear.
Ah, okay, thanks! That's a relief to hear.

It was for me too! I so want to know where I'm living. Can I ask what you put down on the form?
It was for me too! I so want to know where I'm living. Can I ask what you put down on the form?

I know, all my friends have known for ages! Brutally unfair...
And sure, I asked for an en suite and then I'm pretty sure I put no preference for everything else.
Yeah they said they posted the letters yesterday when I was there!

So should get them tomorrow :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah they said they posted the letters yesterday when I was there!

So should get them tomorrow :smile:

Great, thank you! Was that for the open day?
Great, thank you! Was that for the open day?

Yeah it was, was just 'helping out'. Although think I was more of a liability haha
I got an email (to an old email address?) from tutorial about an hour ago saying the letters were posted yesterday and all the content is available online, for Sidney Sussex it's at http://www.sid.cam.ac.uk/freshers
My director of studies is one of the people who interviewed me, would it be too cheeky to ask him what he thought of me at interview? :tongue:
Original post by aprocrastinator
My director of studies is one of the people who interviewed me, would it be too cheeky to ask him what he thought of me at interview? :tongue:

I have heard that they tell you that anyway :smile: Some people asked around the time that those who didn't get an offer were requesting feedback, and that is what people said at that time.
I have heard that they tell you that anyway :smile: Some people asked around the time that those who didn't get an offer were requesting feedback, and that is what people said at that time.

right, cos I'm quite fascinated to know what they thought! :biggrin: I also would like to know what score they gave me out of 10...
right, cos I'm quite fascinated to know what they thought! :biggrin: I also would like to know what score they gave me out of 10...

Lmao! I would like to know the same

I heard they traditionally do this at some big dinner when you finish your degree.
Original post by bored565
I heard they traditionally do this at some big dinner when you finish your degree.

That's reading out your PS...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got interviewed by both my dos and senior tutor 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bored565

Not sure if any college do that sort of thing traditionally.....Never heard of it.
But I know many DoS read out the graduates' PS at their last dinner before the graduation day for a fun. At the college my daughter went, they played it as a game, DoS reading a PS without the name and everyone had to guess who it belonged to. (And the author of PS pretending it's not his/hers)

Re interview, I'm pretty sure it's ok to ask your DoS or tutor/fellow about your interview. If they don't want to tell you, they'd just say they won't. That's it. No damage. :smile:
Reply 577
Original post by vincrows
Not sure if any college do that sort of thing traditionally.....Never heard of it.
But I know many DoS read out the graduates' PS at their last dinner before the graduation day for a fun. At the college my daughter went, they played it as a game, DoS reading a PS without the name and everyone had to guess who it belonged to. (And the author of PS pretending it's not his/hers)

I thought this was just a myth, or just happened at my college...! I really don't want to relive my PS, haha. :redface:
Original post by BWCW
I thought this was just a myth, or just happened at my college...! I really don't want to relive my PS, haha. :redface:

Don't worry, in 3/4 years time it'll be your sweet memory. :wink: ....... and after 3/4 yrs of supervisions, you'll be much stronger person who can stand any humiliation, too!! :biggrin:
Reply 579
Original post by vincrows
Don't worry, in 3/4 years time it'll be your sweet memory. :wink: ....... and after 3/4 yrs of supervisions, you'll be much stronger person who can stand any humiliation, too!! :biggrin:

The glowing benefits of a Cambridge education. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending