The Student Room Group

Clearing help

So, I've been waiting since yesterday for university of kent to review my application since i missed their conditional offer (ABB), I got ACCD, I did give them a call and they said you would have to wait until the have finished doing the review. So, im getting worried that are taking too long and might end up rejecting me. By that time i might have lost out on a university space somewhere else. In the case of getting rejected, I have looked at two possible universities, I have got all my alevel and GCSE grades ready and I'm starting to research about their course (mathematics G100). Is there anything else i should be doing?
Reply 1
Hi there im from Newman university, we have recently started to do a mathematics course and have places available on all of our courses. Depending on where you are based, how far you are willing to travel or if you decide to live in at university this may be a possible option for you to consider. If you would like more information feel free to ring out clearing hot line at 0121 476 1181. feel free to ask me if you have any questions.
It sounds to me like you're doing all the right things here - have you called up the unis you looked up in the Clearing vacancy to discuss availability with them? Unfortunately they couldn't make you a formal offer until your insurance university rejects you, but it's good to express interest and to keep yourself up-to-date.

The only other thing you can do is periodically bug the uni about the progress of your application. Let them know that it's important to you to hear back soon, so that in the event of a rejection, you have time to find other courses through Clearing.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
It sounds to me like you're doing all the right things here - have you called up the unis you looked up in the Clearing vacancy to discuss availability with them? Unfortunately they couldn't make you a formal offer until your insurance university rejects you, but it's good to express interest and to keep yourself up-to-date.

The only other thing you can do is periodically bug the uni about the progress of your application. Let them know that it's important to you to hear back soon, so that in the event of a rejection, you have time to find other courses through Clearing.

So, I rang them up but they keep saying the same things, the person I spoke to did say to ring up other universities, I tweeted Queen's Mary if its alright to phone them up even though I still hold an offer. I'm a little nervous, have you got any advice before i ring them up, I heard some unis give an informal interview. I wrote down some questions I would ask them too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending