The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I had my Psych interview in Jan, and honestly you guys, the interviews are really relaxed. If you've got any questions about the day, just PM :smile:
Reply 2
i was going to have the interview in jan as well,,, but that was on the same day as my biology exam ,,so i gonna go on the february one instead,,, and there's gonna be 1 more interview day in march as they said,, so there may still be a chance if anyone hasne got the invitation to an interview,,,good luck to everyone and myself :biggrin:
Reply 3
nickb123
I had my Psych interview in Jan, and honestly you guys, the interviews are really relaxed. If you've got any questions about the day, just PM :smile:

what does PM mean? im sort of new to this...
Reply 4
*Jewels*
what does PM mean? im sort of new to this...

It means "private message". If you click a user's name, you can send them a PM that no-one else will see. Its a way of not clogging up the main forums with personal questions, and a level of privacy etc. I just meant as if you've got any specific worries or questions, you can just PM me, or post it here.
Reply 5
i have interview on this date. see you then!
Reply 6
markfung
i have interview on this date. see you then!

oh cool ill guess ill see you then. isn't it wierd how we'll probably be standing next to each other and yet not know it. hmmm.. anyway, doesn't it feel like its crept up so fast??
I'll be there too!
Reply 8
wow, the interview is on this wednesday! havent done much preparation 4 it yet>< well scared , i wonder how many offer they will give out this year an how many they have already given out....

is not too hard to spot me though ,, i may be the only chinese girl there..
Reply 9
kkc1214

is not too hard to spot me though ,, i may be the only chinese girl there..

LOL I very much doubt that! There were a lot of chinese/east asian people there when i had my interview, I would actually even go as far as saying they were the majority. There were people of all different races actually...the diversity was a nice change from some other uni's i've been to.:smile:

Good luck to you all don't worry too much!!
Reply 10
Lolly-88
LOL I very much doubt that! There were a lot of chinese/east asian people there when i had my interview, I would actually even go as far as saying they were the majority. There were people of all different races actually...the diversity was a nice change from some other uni's i've been to.:smile:

Good luck to you all don't worry too much!!

opps.. the fact surprises me... well ,, fingercross..
Hello everyone! I have my interview then too and am soooo nervous! Well I'm sure I'll see you all there and good luck everbody!
Does anyone know what time we have to be there? :smile:
Reply 12
ellen_26
Hello everyone! I have my interview then too and am soooo nervous! Well I'm sure I'll see you all there and good luck everbody!

12:30 as outlined in the letter they sent
Reply 13
ellen_26

so i am! this may sound like a silly question..but what are people planning to wear hahaha. oh dear, i love the fact i haven't finished reading the books ive said ive read and yet im more concerned with what im going to wear tomorrow!!
kkc1214
12:30 as outlined in the letter they sent

Well I just wanted to check because my orginal interview (thus the letter I recieved) was for 24th January and so I just wanted to verify the time would be the same. :redface:

*Jewels*
so i am! this may sound like a silly question..but what are people planning to wear hahaha. oh dear, i love the fact i haven't finished reading the books ive said ive read and yet im more concerned with what im going to wear tomorrow!!

Don't worry I'm exactly the same position! Have half a book to go through it's soooo tedious.
It says 'comfortable' but I don't know how formal/informal to go. At the mo I'm thinking jeans with pumps but with a nice dress over the top or something. I won't be going for a business look anyway! (I don't own a suit)
I don't want to look too casual though...what are you thinking of? :smile:
Reply 15
ellen_26

Don't worry I'm exactly the same position! Have half a book to go through it's soooo tedious.
It says 'comfortable' but I don't know how formal/informal to go. At the mo I'm thinking jeans with pumps but with a nice dress over the top or something. I won't be going for a business look anyway! (I don't own a suit)
I don't want to look too casual though...what are you thinking of? :smile:

i was actually thinking something really similar... perhaps a smock top or nice dress over leggings or jeans...and pumps. ive come to terms with the fact that im going to have to blag during the interview if they ask me about psych books. american idol is distracting me and the books haven't been reopened! how wierd that we may see each other tomorrow and not even know it! i don't think its quite hit me yet that its tomorrow. i think im in denial haha. x
Reply 16
lol,we r all in the same boat, i also got a book that i said i have read even i ve only read 1 chapter of the whole thing ,,,, i dont think i have enough time to read it through now,, just hope that they not gonna ask me anything about it!
i may wear a black trousers with a jumper.. not sure really,, is my first uni interview..just got a new glasses yesterday,, still wondering whether i should wear it for tomorrow,,
i 've been so nervous with the interview all day,, now i just want to sit back and wait for it...
Reply 17
Good luck everyone! :biggrin:

Wear something comfortable..they don't really seem to care much although alot of people were dressed in black and a few in suits when I went :s-smilie:. I really don't think what you wear will matter to them although if other people dress quite formal you may feel uncomfortable but you should be ok!!
Aaaah I am freaking out big time! Have got loads more chapters to get through, and having a fight with my parents over what is appropriate to wear! I think I may go for the black trousers with fitted jumper look as my parents told me off for wearing jeans. ppfft!
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow - Introduce yourself from the student room so we know each other lol!
Anyway I meant to say 'GOOD LUCK' everyone and I hope it goes ok.
Here's to a long night of panic! x
So how did you all find it? Who were your interviewers, questions, views on department etc?
Intrigued to find out lol! :smile:

Latest