The Student Room Group

What is the most nightmarish tutorial you've ever had? Share the horror...

....can anyone give a little taste of how it feels when the dog's eaten your homework?
Well there was the time I had 36 hours to read for/write an essay that had no title or reading list, for some jumped up prick of a PhD student, who proceeded to be VERY rude about our essays. We were like :mob: and complained to main college tutor, who was like "oh well, we DID warn you about this at interviews".

NO YOU ****ING DIDN'T, RS :angry:

:tongue:

My provost (who read... PPE? at Woosta) said he used to have tutorials in a room where the walls were entirely covered with mirrors, and one particular tutor used to walk around said provost in circles, not looking at him directly but looking at him in the mirror :eek:
Reply 2
haha! Love it.....very Evelyn Waugh!:h:
I once had a collection (a mock exam which are usually past papers for us) which was a special paper designed by my tutor of stuff that we hadn't covered yet or wasn't even on the syllabus. The highest any of us got was like 42% and in the tutorial he then just proceeded to tell us all that we've all shown that we don't know a thing about medicine :lol:

Not really nightmarish though as he's just very like that, so I was just like "Joe, r u kidding me?? give us normal exams pls" and couldn't stop laughing.

Otherwise can't really think of anything bad... I very very frequently don't know anything. I think the worst was during a really boring history tute where I fell asleep right in front of my tutor and drooled... then tried to style it out/make it less obvious by wiping the drool away in the same motion as flicking my hair, don't think it quite worked :K:
Original post by manic_fuzz
I once had a collection (a mock exam which are usually past papers for us) which was a special paper designed by my tutor of stuff that we hadn't covered yet or wasn't even on the syllabus. The highest any of us got was like 42% and in the tutorial he then just proceeded to tell us all that we've all shown that we don't know a thing about medicine :lol:

Not really nightmarish though as he's just very like that, so I was just like "Joe, r u kidding me?? give us normal exams pls" and couldn't stop laughing.

Otherwise can't really think of anything bad... I very very frequently don't know anything. I think the worst was during a really boring history tute where I fell asleep right in front of my tutor and drooled... then tried to style it out/make it less obvious by wiping the drool away in the same motion as flicking my hair, don't think it quite worked :K:

:rofl: at the last bit.

That reminds me, my first collection was horrendous :hide:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:rofl: at the last bit.

That reminds me, my first collection was horrendous :hide:

Thank goodness collections don't count for anything :tongue: (although admittedly, I do way better in them than my actual exams uh!!!!)
Original post by manic_fuzz
Thank goodness collections don't count for anything :tongue: (although admittedly, I do way better in them than my actual exams uh!!!!)

There was rarely much of a difference between my collections and actual exam results :getmecoat:

:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending