The Student Room Group

Sat here eating an ice scream at 1 in the morning. Fat & inactive.

Any advice, tips...?

Scroll to see replies

If you don't like it, change
Reply 2
Original post by JFK1917
Any advice, tips...?

Clearly you know what you are doing wrong; no one can make you change but yourself.
Diet is the main thing - simply put, eat fewer calories. Add an easy-to-follow exercise routine if you really want to be healthy, along with eating meat, eggs, vegetables and only a few carbs. Lift weights for 30 mins twice a week and walk often. Simple, but not always easy.

PS. what ice cream was it?
Reply 4
Original post by cacra
Clearly you know what you are doing wrong; no one can make you change but yourself.

True, I know what I'm doing is wrong. And I've started going for walks in the morning and evening, plus not using bus as much. I am going to slowly improve my diet.
Does this sound a good start so far?
Reply 5
Original post by ZolaCFC25
Diet is the main thing - simply put, eat fewer calories. Add an easy-to-follow exercise routine if you really want to be healthy, along with eating meat, eggs, vegetables and only a few carbs. Lift weights for 30 mins twice a week and walk often. Simple, but not always easy.

Thank you! :biggrin:

A new raspberry pink magnum! V. nice! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by TornadoGR4
If you don't like it, change

I will!!! :biggrin:
Original post by JFK1917

Ergh. Thought it was going to be a B&J or H-D, not some fruit flavoured block! I've had so many of those tubs in the last couple of years...

Exactly, too many people go on about exercising a lot but never losing weight. Exercise helps burn a few calories but it's really all about diet. I've lost some pounds over the last week just by replacing a meal at dinner with a boiled egg (70calories) and cup of coffee lol. Obviously can't eat a boiled egg everyday forever but just until I'm at my target weight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JFK1917

omg i love that. do not try the espresso one if u havent... its addicting :frown:
Original post by Redfrost
Exactly, too many people go on about exercising a lot but never losing weight. Excessive helps burn a few calories but it's really all about diet. I've lost some pounds over the last week just by replacing a meal at dinner with a boiled egg (70calories) and cup of coffee lol. Obviously can't eat a boiled egg everyday forever but just until I'm at my target weight.

Yup. Hunger/social or family events become the only issue but coffee and filling meals helps. If you can get along with replacing dinner with an egg, then that would do the trick easily!

Lots of people bust their gut in the gym but end up eating too much. Even worse, those hours in the gym bring about a hunger response for some. if anyone gets this and can't maintain it, I'd cut down the exercise drastically and keep in the bare essentials and feel good coming out of the gym, for example, instead of exhausted, even if it means you are done in 30 mins. If you don't enjoy/want to exercise, or you have no need to because you don't want to have a gym-fit body, or you don't need to train for a sport, then there is no necessity in doing so whatsoever!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by JFK1917
True, I know what I'm doing is wrong. And I've started going for walks in the morning and evening, plus not using bus as much. I am going to slowly improve my diet.
Does this sound a good start so far?

I don't know, it is up to you.

The fact is you aren't going to lose weight until you have a calorie deficit and the higher the deficit the more weight you will lose.

Walking is ok, it's a start. Joining a gym would be better.
Reply 12
Yup. Hunger/social or family events become the only issue but coffee and filling meals helps. If you can get along with replacing dinner with an egg, then that would do the trick easily!

Lots of people bust their gut in the gym but end up eating too much. Even worse, those hours in the gym bring about a hunger response. if anyone gets this, I'd cut down the exercise drastically and keep in the bare essentials and feel good coming out of the gym, for example, instead of exhausted, even if it means you are done in 30 mins. If you don't enjoy/want to exercise, or you have no need to because you don't want to have a gym-fit body, or you don't need to train for a sport, then there is no necessity in doing so whatsoever!

Ignore this, btw.
put chocolate sauce on it
Original post by cacra
Ignore this, btw.

why is that then?
Exactly, too many people go on about exercising a lot but never losing weight. Exercise helps burn a few calories but it's really all about diet. I've lost some pounds over the last week just by replacing a meal at dinner with a boiled egg (70calories) and cup of coffee lol. Obviously can't eat a boiled egg everyday forever but just until I'm at my target weight.

Being on a diet doesnt mean eating almost nothing. You must eat well AND exercise.
Reply 16
why is that then?

Telling someone not to exercise too much because they might get hungry is not only without any scientific merit, it goes against basic common sense.
Reply 17

I love intermittent fasting (for some reason it makes me feel great - I eat well the rest of the time), but sadly it's just not possible when living with my parents.

I would say exercise does help, though - it gives you more energy, so you have a more active life overall, and it stops you craving junk food, which add up to a lot more calorie savings than the exercise itself.
(edited 8 years ago)
You could work on your grammar. It's "sitting here, eating…"
Reply 19
Ergh. Thought it was going to be a B&J or H-D, not some fruit flavoured block! I've had so many of those tubs in the last couple of years...

Lool H-D strawberrycheescake <3 3>

Quick Reply

Latest