The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Edwin Okli
I don't know if that's right… it doesn't sound like the most practical approach. If you're paying for tenancy from the 12th then you certainly should be able to move in on the 12th.

Edit: I suppose that for the majority of halls which will start tenancy on the Saturday before Welcome Week, it's a good way to make sure not everyone is trying to move in at the same time but it would be a bit strange to insist you pay for a week of tenancy when you are absolutely not allowed to have moved in. I hope that makes sense.

well im just going by what i was told via the accommodation email, tenancy only starts from the 12th incase you cant move in a bit later
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by mihaelast
Yes I just posted about it :biggrin: I hope that its just that the form hasn't been activated yet and it will be fixed later today

Online registration is now active. Enjoy
Reply 242
Just to check, has orchard heights been built completely now? I remember last year there were a few problems with accommodation :smile:
Original post by ssargithan
why is he uni gym so expensive to use it during anytime of its opening hours? TheGym and PureGym are a lot cheaper and open 24/7; downside is that they don't have swimming pool... which I don't mind

All gyms are pretty expensive. The uni gym is pretty big too, and also operates all year round when students are away, and when it's pretty empty - I'm assuming they're making up for that too.
Just go somewhere cheaper if you have found somewhere, I found them all pretty inconveniently located to my house but that's the joy of free market economics.
I get full maintenance grant and loan by the government and I get 2000 bursary from the Uni. Basically if I get the loan and grant in three equal instalments I will be left with 400 pounds (from accommodation) for food clothes and etc. until 7th December when the bursary will be paid in. I was wondering if the financial situation gets strict I would be able to receive the bursary a bit sooner?
Original post by Inazuma
All gyms are pretty expensive. The uni gym is pretty big too, and also operates all year round when students are away, and when it's pretty empty - I'm assuming they're making up for that too.
Just go somewhere cheaper if you have found somewhere, I found them all pretty inconveniently located to my house but that's the joy of free market economics.

So is the gym membership for the uni not worth it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ssargithan
I get full maintenance grant and loan by the government and I get 2000 bursary from the Uni. Basically if I get the loan and grant in three equal instalments I will be left with 400 pounds (from accommodation) for food clothes and etc. until 7th December when the bursary will be paid in. I was wondering if the financial situation gets strict I would be able to receive the bursary a bit sooner?

Not sure about how Bristol do finances, but I'd definitely recommend opening a student account if you haven't already. Most student accounts come with large overdrafts (as long as you meet all the conditions they ask for). Obviously it's not ideal to be using overdraft but so long as you won't need to use it after your next payment goes in then there is really nothing to worry about. Not an ideal solution but should help you a little if Bristol aren't able to pay it you early :smile:
Reply 247
hi

i've been planning my uni list of what items to take, and was wondering whether we have to bring our own irons & ironing boards or are they provided at the residence. I will be staying in hiatt baker self catered
Original post by misteltain
So is the gym membership for the uni not worth it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was worth it for me and many others.
Whether it's worth it to you I don't know - can you afford it? Can you find somewhere else where you prefer the location? Etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else having trouble with the E-induction? :/
Original post by justmichael
i think you get allocated a time slot dude

I don't know if that's right… it doesn't sound like the most practical approach. If you're paying for tenancy from the 12th then you certainly should be able to move in on the 12th.

Edit: I suppose that for the majority of halls which will start tenancy on the Saturday before Welcome Week, it's a good way to make sure not everyone is trying to move in at the same time but it would be a bit strange to insist you pay for a week of tenancy when you are absolutely not allowed to have moved in. I hope that makes sense.

Just completed e induction and can choose any slot i want between the 12th and 19th. Just don't want to be the first one there :-)
Original post by 000alex
Just completed e induction and can choose any slot i want between the 12th and 19th. Just don't want to be the first one there :-)

yeah same, can confirm
Original post by 000alex

Where is this e-induction?
Where is this e-induction?

I got emailed a link with a unique user/password
Original post by SamuelSingleton
neuroscience, you??

have you received your reading list yet?
Original post by Mathsbiochem
have you received your reading list yet?

yeah sort of
email with recommended books for my modules
When did you get it? Still haven't received it, so annoying!
When did you get it? Still haven't received it, so annoying!

The e-induction? Mine literally got sent this morning, wouldn't worry too much if it hasn't arrived quite yet.
Original post by k4l397
The e-induction? Mine literally got sent this morning, wouldn't worry too much if it hasn't arrived quite yet.

Yeah I got that too but I dont think its the same thing, it says nothing about modules and reading lists?
Yeah I got that too but I dont think its the same thing, it says nothing about modules and reading lists?

Oh sorry, didn't realise that was what you were referring to :P I got a list of recommened things sometime aroud the end of august. Came with a load of other info too like welcome week timetable. Seems to be sent out by the individual departments though, wouldn't worry too much unless you've heard others on the course received it. You could also check the departments website as that usually has the information somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending