The Student Room Group

Randomly slept with local manwhore and now he's messaging me every day?...

Ok so I might regret not posting this anonymously. :colondollar: Basically I met an old acquaintance while out with friends, he got a few of us to come back to his, and you know the story.

I say manwhore, but really it's just that he hasn't had a girlfriend but seems to have slept with several people in our circles, and the whole thing of rushing me into bed instead of gradually wooing me would seem to suggest it was equally casual this time.

But now he keeps chatting to me online. And we've planned to spend a weekend together (we live in different cities) and he's made some vaguely romantic sounding suggestions about what to do together, etc. ...And he even started reading a philosopher I like just so we could talk about it.

I have no experience with doing anything outside of relationships so I have no idea how to respond to his affectionate messages, whether to let myself feel anything, etc.

Is it most likely a summer fling? Will he lose interest in a couple of months?

EDIT: For the record, I had a conversation with him about getting into a relationship and he said unequivocally that he wants one with me. Screw you, haters. :macarena:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Is he good looking at least?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by grassntai
Is he good looking at least?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, very.
Original post by Maestosa
Ok so I might regret not posting this anonymously. :colondollar: Basically I met an old acquaintance while out with friends, he got a few of us to come back to his, and you know the story.

I say manwhore, but really it's just that he hasn't had a girlfriend but seems to have slept with several people in our circles, and the whole thing of rushing me into bed instead of gradually wooing me would seem to suggest it was equally casual this time.

But now he keeps chatting to me online. And we've planned to spend a weekend together (we live in different cities) and he's made some vaguely romantic sounding suggestions about what to do together, etc.

I have no experience with doing anything outside of relationships so I have no idea how to react to him, whether to let myself feel anything, etc.

This is very subjective so just take the hedonistic approach and enjoy the journey.
Have fun for now, don't get attached. See how it goes.
Reply 5
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Have fun for now, don't get attached. See how it goes.

He's so cute though. :puppyeyes:
He's so cute though. :puppyeyes:

pics? receipts? :redface:
Reply 7
Maybe you can tame the manwhore and have him eating out of your hand :wink:

But now he keeps chatting to me online. And we've planned to spend a weekend together (we live in different cities) and he's made some vaguely romantic sounding suggestions about what to do together, etc. ...And he even started reading a philosopher I like just so we could talk about it.

I have no experience with doing anything outside of relationships so I have no idea how to respond to his affectionate messages, whether to let myself feel anything, etc.

Well if all you were was a casual shag then he wouldnt be sending you affectionate messages afterwards.

I suggest take it slow, go for a couple of dates, see where it leads. He may like you relationship wise.

Plus youve already slept together which removes the "i want to see you naked" aspect from the first few dates
Go to a clinic and confirm you are Sti free
Reply 10

Stop slut-shaming men please.
Reply 11
Original post by Josb

Stop shaming slut shamers please. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

And anyway, as the content of the post conveys, the term 'manwhore' isn't meant to shame, but rather just to be an exaggerated and snappy title.

Okay and maybe also a way to downplay my growing affection. :puppyeyes:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Do not get taken in. A ting ain't a ting until it's a ting. Remember that :colonhash:

Ask yourself do you want a LDR with this guy (rarely works out with any kind of character, least of all very good looking manwhores), then proceed sensibly :holmes:

I know you're being slightly humorous but that is actually a very good phrase!
Reply 13
Original post by Foo.mp3
Do not get taken in. A ting ain't a ting until it's a ting. Remember that :colonhash:

Ask yourself do you want a LDR with this guy (rarely works out with any kind of character, least of all very good looking manwhores), then proceed sensibly :holmes:

You're completely right, thanks.
Original post by foo.mp3
do not get taken in. A ting ain't a ting until it's a ting. Remember that :colonhash:

phoneshop???!?!
Original post by Josb

EXACTLY! Valid point there! If you wanted to be wooed you shouldn't have slept with him. It takes two to do the dirty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by ftahir02
EXACTLY! Valid point there! If you wanted to be wooed you shouldn't have slept with him. It takes two to do the dirty

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I didn't think I wanted to be wooed at the time. But maybe I was/am fooling myself on some level.
Reply 17
Okay so the weekend went well. :biggrin:

He said he really really likes me and that I'm 'perfect'.... is it a ting yet? Or how will I know when it is?

I think it's cute that you've pondered this whole thing about sleeping with a man who sleeps with women all the time and never has a relationship, enough to post on a forum about it, yet somehow miss that you're another patch in the-yes-fling pattern. Good luck.
Original post by tootles44
I know you're being slightly humorous but that is actually a very good phrase!

Is it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending