The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Where to apply? UCL or Imperial?

Hi guys,

I am applying for medicine later in October and I need to decide between Imperial and UCL! Both are academically brilliant but I want to choose the one where the people and generally, life will be better! Quite frankly, I don't wanna be surrounded by nerds.. Any suggestions?
Everyone is a nerd at Imperial in some way or another but the majority are completely normal ie not in the weird nerd sort. You will have people who like going out multiple times a week and people who like staying in their rooms. Work is harder at Imperial than at most other unis but the location is brilliant and the people you meet I guarantee you will get along with.

Oh, you're applying for Medicine. Well, you'll have great fun. The Medics are the wildest of them all, haha.
(edited 8 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by ibs11
Hi guys,

I am applying for medicine later in October and I need to decide between Imperial and UCL! Both are academically brilliant but I want to choose the one where the people and generally, life will be better! Quite frankly, I don't wanna be surrounded by nerds.. Any suggestions?

UCL deffo - my daughter did maths there and the med students have great fun
Original post by squeakysquirrel
UCL deffo - my daughter did maths there and the med students have great fun

Nah, it's all about Imperial. :wink: Imperial Medics have an absolute ball of a time as well, especially in their first year. I also study Maths...at Imperial.
Reply 4
Original post by yl95
Everyone is a nerd at Imperial in some way or another but the majority are completely normal ie not in the weird nerd sort. You will have people who like going out multiple times a week and people who like staying in their rooms. Work is harder at Imperial than at most other unis but the location is brilliant and the people you meet I guarantee you will get along with.

Oh, you're applying for Medicine. Well, you'll have great fun. The Medics are the wildest of them all, haha.

Haha, I hope that wasn't sarcasm! Also, idk why but I feel its harder to get into UCL
Original post by ibs11
Haha, I hope that wasn't sarcasm! Also, idk why but I feel its harder to get into UCL

Nope, not sarcasm. For most of Imperial's courses it is harder to get in than UCL but I think they are about the same when it comes to Medicine, but don't take my word for it!
This is just about the worst place on the internet to ask this question. OP should go post this in "neutral territory".
Original post by ibs11
Hi guys,

I suggest UCL so that there's marginally less competition for me at Imperial. xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending