The Student Room Group

What subject should I pick

Hello everyone my friends brother is going to pick his subjects tomorrow for Alevel. He really wants to become a doctor therefore want to study medicine at university.
So my question is what 4 subject should he pick which medical university really likes, he is a really clever so he is allowed to take any subject.
Thank you
Definitely Biology and Chemistry, then either Physics or Maths and a different subject like history to show he is an all-rounder rather than just into sciences.
Original post by Ariyan khan
Hello everyone my friends brother is going to pick his subjects tomorrow for Alevel. He really wants to become a doctor therefore want to study medicine at university.
So my question is what 4 subject should he pick which medical university really likes, he is a really clever so he is allowed to take any subject.
Thank you

I would recommend biology, chemistry and maths to make him truly competitive for a place :biggrin: I would then choose a more relaxed fourth A level unless he really like further maths or physics, physics would be a good fourth choice if he likes it.
Oh ok he was thinking of economics or physics
Original post by Hayley Williams
I would recommend biology, chemistry and maths to make him truly competitive for a place :biggrin: I would then choose a more relaxed fourth A level unless he really like further maths or physics, physics would be a good fourth choice if he likes it.
Would economic be one of the all rounder subject
Original post by smiley180
Definitely Biology and Chemistry, then either Physics or Maths and a different subject like history to show he is an all-rounder rather than just into sciences.
Original post by Ariyan khan
Would economic be one of the all rounder subject

Economics is more related to the others than say, history but is still certainly a strong subject to have.

Quick Reply

Latest