The Student Room Group

What A-levels do I choose?!?

I want to become a commercial pilot. I know its recommend to take Maths and Physics, but I don't think I'm going to take maths, purely because I dislike the subject. I know that being a pilot is very much maths based, but do I really need an A-Level in it?

Anyway, my schools sixth form offers a limited amount of a-levels and I was wondering what you would recommend me taking. After sixth form I plan to go onto uni and study BSc Air Transport.

Thanks you :smile:
No specific A Levels required to a be a pilot. The maths involved is barely GCSE level :smile:

Think of it as being a professional driver. You don't need any academic qualifications to get a driving licence, and the same is for a pilot's licence. Do A Levels you enjoy and get a good degree :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Schleigg
No specific A Levels required to a be a pilot. The maths involved is barely GCSE level :smile:

Think of it as being a professional driver. You don't need any academic qualifications to get a driving licence, and the same is for a pilot's licence. Do A Levels you enjoy and get a good degree :smile:

Thank you for you help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest