The Student Room Group

Have you ever spat in your bosses' tea to get revenge?....

Hi all, I'd just like to note, this is a serious thread- I'm no troll- and I'm generally intrigued to know if this sort of thing actually happens.

Also, just lately I've been suffering severe mental health crisis...long story short; Severely depressed, had therapy, had medications, residule stress from uni, problems in my relationship, issues with horrible work colleagues winding me up, hate my job, enraged by colleagues, manipulative, and insulting. At wits end.

Feel like I'm gonna lose all of my inhibitions and go crazy. Too long to detail everything here...I've been having very sick dark thoughts in my head lately...I've deduced that since therapy isn't working to curb my anger and rage, I should probably just indirectly get my revenge. Sick I know. Probably a sackable offence, but there again, if I hate my job/life/society this much, what's to lose?

I guess this is a very passive aggressive tendency that I'm starting to develop because I'm constantly bottling anger up, these past few years. Sick thing is, therapy doesn't give me relief, but the thought of spitting in my a**hole of a bosses' tea would give me great satisfaction, hiding or destroying that insulting colleagues time sheet would make me laugh inside...just to annoy them, scrawling black crosses on it would make me smile with pleasure as they live in fear of who is constantly trying to ruin them.

Anyways, I digress, has anyone even done any of these things as a result of mental breakdown or revenge?

Note: I'm not a troll, I post here regularly, and annon for privacy reasons and thread topic.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
All the time!

Wait, you want a serious answer? I don't work sorry. But I'd say don't do it. You don't want to make your life any worse. Spitting in your boss's tea won't do anything useful, and could potentially cause major issues if caught.

But then again if you do it and nobody sees, then eh who cares. If he really is as bad as you say then I'd recommend getting a new job.
(edited 8 years ago)
im not the boss of anyone so go ahead u wont be hurting me
Reply 3
Original post by Omar717
All the time!

Wait, you want a serious answer? I don't work sorry. I assumed this was a joke :P

Yes this is serious. Quite honestly, I'm in a dark place in my life have a lot of mental health issues, hidden rage, depression, anxiety that is preventing me from functioning a normal life.

Exhausted options, therapy both private and NHS, and I've deduced I should just be an evil ******* and provide myself with the instant gratification of getting my revenge on wrongdoers' in such a way that only I know.

Sounds wreckless, nasty, cruel evil and cold. But this is the person I'm becoming.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yes this is serious. Quite honestly, I'm in a dark place in my life have a lot of mental health issues, hidden rage, depression, anxiety that is preventing me from functioning a normal life.

Exhausted options, therapy both private and NHS, and I've deduced I should just be an evil ******* and provide myself with the instant gratification of getting my revenge on wrongdoers' in such a way that only I know.

Sounds wreckless, nasty, cruel evil and cold. But this is the person I'm becoming.

Well, really sorry about that mate. You could get try and get a new job maybe.
Reply 5
Whoever does that is a complete knob. Don't scoop to their level.
Reply 6
Original post by jonnypdot
im not the boss of anyone so go ahead u wont be hurting me

My boss is the sort of manipulative, twisted and cold individual that bullies and gets what she wants. She's always on step ahead of others, and is connected with all the people in my organisation that can effectively ruin employees. I,e. She hired an external employment agency, in which her best mate is our Human resources rep. She basically consults with her, whenever she wants to fire someone. And they claim to be professional and all, yet to me their just two scheming witches.

I've thought of slaying them plenty of times, but it's much more satisfying to do little things under these people's noses' which puts a smile on my face.

I've realised that I've probably painted myself as evil, truth is, I'm just through with life in general. To the point, im not fearful consequence.
Reply 7
Original post by AzimH
Whoever does that is a complete knob. Don't scoop to their level.

Call me what you will. I've realised I sound hypocritical. I was thinking this just today as the thoughts echoed in my mind.

Honestly, I could go through all of the stuff my colleagues have said to me, the stresses, the emotional issues I've had, the battles I've faced and the struggles I've had throughout life with therapy, and mental health. But, I don't have the time, nor do you (to read at least).

Point is, I've tried been reasonable, calm, collected and rational. I've tried therapy, taking therapists advice, I've tried meds, I've reluctantly and angrily swallowed silly 'blunt' advice from my mum- comprising of "that's life". But end all be all is, it doesn't provide any relief.

The worrying thought is, these horrible thoughts I'm having I actually find funny, I actually laugh about it in my head, almost hysterically, though not because it's funny, more the sense of relief it gives. As if to feel "screw you, got you all good now didn't I"
lol no, that's disgusting.

It's also pretty pathetic to be honest. You can't actually stand up to someone so you do something horrible to their drink. They don't even know about it. That's 'satisfying'? Pull yourself together.
Reply 9
Call me what you will. I've realised I sound hypocritical. I was thinking this just today as the thoughts echoed in my mind.

Honestly, I could go through all of the stuff my colleagues have said to me, the stresses, the emotional issues I've had, the battles I've faced and the struggles I've had throughout life with therapy, and mental health. But, I don't have the time, nor do you (to read at least).

Point is, I've tried been reasonable, calm, collected and rational. I've tried therapy, taking therapists advice, I've tried meds, I've reluctantly and angrily swallowed silly 'blunt' advice from my mum- comprising of "that's life". But end all be all is, it doesn't provide any relief.

The worrying thought is, these horrible thoughts I'm having I actually find funny, I actually laugh about it in my head, almost hysterically, though not because it's funny, more the sense of relief it gives. As if to feel "screw you, got you all good now didn't I"

Hey, hey I didn't call you anything bro. I'm just saying you're better than they are. I don't know you personally but you sound like a cool person. You don't have to take crap from your colleagues remember that. Tell them that you want them to stop acting up or contact your HR department. If they fail to do so, just quit. There's no point working in a environment you are unhappy in. Wish you all the best OP. Stay strong and remember you are special and important and there are people who care about you.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
lol no, that's disgusting.

It's also pretty pathetic to be honest. You can't actually stand up to someone so you do something horrible to their drink. They don't even know about it. That's 'satisfying'? Pull yourself together.

Yes it is pathetic, I agree. I think I feel this way more out of the fact, I know if I lose my temper and become violent (which is likely), then the boss will probably just get her way by default. I.e. I lose my cool, I don't win, I Become the bad guy in the eyes of society. Whereas, if I did that, it's kind of satisfying to know I'm 'screwing her over' on the low. Sick I know- by the standards of any reasonable mentally stable individual. But I'm not particularly well, and to be frank, I am hating life right now, I have plenty of reasons to hate my boss, my colleagues and just the way my life's panned out.

Sure I bet your thinking 'oh god, another woe is me', no honestly, I'm past this stage.

Also, I can stand up for myself, believe you and me- if it wasn't for the ounce of self control I have, I'd have lost it with my work colleagues/boss/society by now. I frequently have violent outbursts, feel rage, and often fear myself- so this isn't a matter of my physically been cowardly here.
Original post by AzimH
Hey, hey I didn't call you anything bro. I'm just saying you're better than they are. I don't know you personally but you sound like a cool person. You don't have to take crap from your colleagues remember that. Tell them that you want them to stop acting up or contact your HR department. If they fail to do so, just quit. There's no point working in a environment you are unhappy in. Wish you all the best OP. Stay strong and remember you are special and important and there are people who care about you.

Cheers man, apologies if I jumped the gun.

Thing is, I've worked here for 8 years this August. My current boss has worked in her role for 4 yrs. I guess I've long outstayed my stay so to speak. Past my sell by date, in fact, I'd be happy to be fired actually. Put me outta my misery.

Sorry if I sound melodramatic, I'm just not stable right now. Each time I have someone piss me off, or somebody says something I don't like, I get pushed and pushed and feel one step closer to losing the battle against my issues. It's like I'm depressed on one level, but angry and volatile on another.

Sometimes it feels I may as well just lose it, and not give a damn...I'm in a "f*** the world attitude.
Yes it is pathetic, I agree. I think I feel this way more out of the fact, I know if I lose my temper and become violent (which is likely), then the boss will probably just get her way by default. I.e. I lose my cool, I don't win, I Become the bad guy in the eyes of society. Whereas, if I did that, it's kind of satisfying to know I'm 'screwing her over' on the low. Sick I know- by the standards of any reasonable mentally stable individual. But I'm not particularly well, and to be frank, I am hating life right now, I have plenty of reasons to hate my boss, my colleagues and just the way my life's panned out.

Sure I bet your thinking 'oh god, another woe is me', no honestly, I'm past this stage.

Also, I can stand up for myself, believe you and me- if it wasn't for the ounce of self control I have, I'd have lost it with my work colleagues/boss/society by now. I frequently have violent outbursts, feel rage, and often fear myself- so this isn't a matter of my physically been cowardly here.

I'm categorically not saying you ought to use violence. That is no better a way to deal with your problems than the sneaky option. Deriving self-esteem from your willingness to engage in violence clearly reveals some of the insecurities and inadequacies you seem to admit to having. So does hating everyone around you because of how your life turned out. I'm simply saying that you shouldn't allow yourself to be manipulated or bullied. The adult way of dealing with this would be to exercise self-control, not show that anyone is getting to you, and get out of there.

You sound like you're really having serious problems. All I can say is that I think you should see a psychologist (you seem to have done so, but I'm not sure you are doing so at the moment) and follow their advice.
Reply 13
Cheers man, apologies if I jumped the gun.

Thing is, I've worked here for 8 years this August. My current boss has worked in her role for 4 yrs. I guess I've long outstayed my stay so to speak. Past my sell by date, in fact, I'd be happy to be fired actually. Put me outta my misery.

Sorry if I sound melodramatic, I'm just not stable right now. Each time I have someone piss me off, or somebody says something I don't like, I get pushed and pushed and feel one step closer to losing the battle against my issues. It's like I'm depressed on one level, but angry and volatile on another.

Sometimes it feels I may as well just lose it, and not give a damn...I'm in a "f*** the world attitude.

Don't apologise bro! You know what don't think like that and no I don't think you're being melodramatic- perfectly normal response. That place ain't good for you bro. Do what you love. Also start taking up boxing or invest in a punching bag. After a long stressed day, it will help you relieve some tension. Hope everything gets better mate. Good luck!
Not my boss but I spat in a family members bottle of wine. They were drinking too much
Original post by AllegedLegends
Not my boss but I spat in a family members bottle of wine. They were drinking too much

Was the reason you spat in it because they drank too much?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I'm categorically not saying you ought to use violence. That is no better a way to deal with your problems than the sneaky option. Deriving self-esteem from your willingness to engage in violence clearly reveals some of the insecurities and inadequacies you seem to admit to having. So does hating everyone around you because of how your life turned out. I'm simply saying that you shouldn't allow yourself to be manipulated or bullied. The adult way of dealing with this would be to exercise self-control, not show that anyone is getting to you, and get out of there.

You sound like you're really having serious problems. All I can say is that I think you should see a psychologist (you seem to have done so, but I'm not sure you are doing so at the moment) and follow their advice.

Your right on the majority of the points you've raised. However, when you say no better way than the "sneaky option"- are you advocating me sabotaging my bosses' drink? I've had all sorts of things pop into my head; destroying employee time sheets, hiding them, saying things with double meaning to people; etc etc.

I see this as 'tit for tat' really. I am a firm believer in karma, and I feel people get back what they give. Of course, this means that I'll probably get back what I give, however, I view this as me getting back at them- so by default I won't have any return.

Point is, psychological warfare is much better than any other form...they are effectively locked and caged in my prison, as opposed to me in theirs. No use in my losing my cool, although, who knows- no point in me sitting down and explaining this, because the HR procedure in my company is corrupt.

The board of directors love my current boss, she no evil nor hear any- and the HR rep (as I stated is her best mate). So complaints wise the procedure is like one big "Kangaroo court".
That is disgusting
Just do it! The relief is worth it in the long run lol. It's not like it's gonna hurt them.. Tit for tat!
Ewwww

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending