The Student Room Group

University course difference

What is the difference between the university course chemistry and mathematics, and the course chemistry with mathsematics? Also what would be the different employability options for each ? And would it be better to get a bsc or a masters for a career ?
Original post by coled09
What is the difference between the university course chemistry and mathematics, and the course chemistry with mathsematics? Also what would be the different employability options for each ? And would it be better to get a bsc or a masters for a career ?

Generally Chemistry and Maths will have a 50/50 split between the two whereas Chemistry with Maths will have a 75/25 split. What influence that will have on employability depends on what you want to do after your degree. Again, whether to go for a BSc or MSci depends on what you want to do after you graduate.
Reply 2
Thank you very much, so what could I do with a masters that I couldn't with a bsc, so like what careers ?
Original post by coled09
Thank you very much, so what could I do with a masters that I couldn't with a bsc, so like what careers ?

A Masters would probably be necessary if you want to go into research or become a professional chemist/scientist. If you want to leave chemistry and do something that isn't directly related then you could probably get away with just the BSc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending