The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Should I accept my studio flat offer in James Baille Park?

Will I be at a social disadvantage or is it fine? What's the catch? How are the floors organised will I be physically distant? Cheers
Reply 1
Original post by catdeid
Will I be at a social disadvantage or is it fine? What's the catch? How are the floors organised will I be physically distant? Cheers

Knock on the door of the flat closest and tag along with them, that's the usual method.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I lived there a few years ago. Try and get into a shared flat if you can and want to be sociable, it's more fun. The people I met in the studio flat didn't enjoy the isolation so much. In the block I was in, the studio flats were right at the top. Not sure how it was in the other blocks though, but I imagine they are all similar.
Reply 3
Original post by fallout201
I lived there a few years ago. Try and get into a shared flat if you can and want to be sociable, it's more fun. The people I met in the studio flat didn't enjoy the isolation so much. In the block I was in, the studio flats were right at the top. Not sure how it was in the other blocks though, but I imagine they are all similar.

yeah, I'm a clearing student so there aren't many options. I called them today and they said they had no other vacant rooms but I could ask for a transfer in october. My flat is at the top of C. I'm also first year were you first year too when you had the studio? Also, is it easier to be excluded or slightly cut off with the flat mates or was it okay? I don't think people will come upstairs just to see two random people upstairs lol.

Quick Reply

Latest