The Student Room Group

oxford advices?

hi everyone! So I'm planning to apply for oxford next year (for 2017) to study law with one year in Italy (my country). I need any possible advice I could need, from what's the best college (I'm looking for a relaxed, friendly, fun atmosphere) to what should I study for the interview (and what should I wear..) and everything I can do to improve my chances of getting in. I'm already taking English classes so by January 2017 I'll probably have taken all my exams (I'm taking advanced this year and proficiency the next), what else should I do? On the other side, what's the atmosphere like there? Long story short, everything you wish somebody gave you before applying/getting in
Original post by atarassia
hi everyone! So I'm planning to apply for oxford next year (for 2017) to study law with one year in Italy (my country). I need any possible advice I could need, from what's the best college (I'm looking for a relaxed, friendly, fun atmosphere) to what should I study for the interview (and what should I wear..) and everything I can do to improve my chances of getting in. I'm already taking English classes so by January 2017 I'll probably have taken all my exams (I'm taking advanced this year and proficiency the next), what else should I do? On the other side, what's the atmosphere like there? Long story short, everything you wish somebody gave you before applying/getting in

Colleges aren't "best" for particular subjects, your education will be the same whatever college you choose, but if you're looking for a more relaxed college then you might want to look at one of the more modern colleges like St. Catherine's or St. Anne's. All of the colleges are going to be friendly and there are plenty of things to do everywhere but modern colleges will be less traditional and more "normal", if that's what you're after.

The Oxford website has absolutely everything you need to know to prepare for interview. Go to the law section and you'll find all the information you need. In terms of what to wear for interview if you're invited, wear whatever you're comfortable with (as long as it's decent) - there's no specific dress code.
Original post by atarassia
hi everyone! So I'm planning to apply for oxford next year (for 2017) to study law with one year in Italy (my country). I need any possible advice I could need, from what's the best college (I'm looking for a relaxed, friendly, fun atmosphere)

Your written English seems pretty good, but some feedback: advice doesn't really have a pleural. You would ask for 'advice' or possibly 'some advice' but not "advices". If you wanted to draw attention to some advice being in multiple parts you could say 'two pieces of advice' but you don't need to routinely.

Anyway - colleges are not subject-specific really. You should develop some narrower criteria - no college is going to claim it isn't relaxed or friendly! Old/new, large small etc.

(and what should I wear..)

Smartish clothes. There is no dress code and going for something like a suit would be too formal imo.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you very much for your advices, you've been both very helpful!
If you haven't seen it already, check out oxvlog, it has great advice and descriptions. One of them is a law student.
Original post by nexttime
Your written English seems pretty good, but some feedback: advice doesn't really have a pleural.

plural*

...I'll get my coat. :getmecoat:
Reply 6
Original post by alcibiade
If you haven't seen it already, check out oxvlog, it has great advice and descriptions. One of them is a law student.

Thank you, I will for sure!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending