The Student Room Group

IB predicted grade 39-40/45, any chance of getting into oxford?

Hello to all,
I am currently an IB DP2 student that is super stressed about my predicted grades. Currently I am predicted a 39-40/45, basically just scraping past the minimum IB requirement for my desired subject (biomedical sciences at Oxford).I understand that applications to Oxford are really competitive, and I was wondering whether this predicted grade would affect my chances at getting admitted. I am juggling my chances of getting an interview if I get top marks in BMAT. Could anyone please advice me on how much Oxford looks at predicted grades? Thanks a lot.
I can't speak for IB, but for A levels as long as you meet the minimums you should be fine and it shouldn't matter too much. In case you're worried I'd suggest emailing the subject's admissions office.
Original post by ReallySeriousRn
Hello to all,
I am currently an IB DP2 student that is super stressed about my predicted grades. Currently I am predicted a 39-40/45, basically just scraping past the minimum IB requirement for my desired subject (biomedical sciences at Oxford).I understand that applications to Oxford are really competitive, and I was wondering whether this predicted grade would affect my chances at getting admitted. I am juggling my chances of getting an interview if I get top marks in BMAT. Could anyone please advice me on how much Oxford looks at predicted grades? Thanks a lot.
Thanks for the advice, really appreciated :smile:
Original post by ReallySeriousRn
Thanks for the advice, really appreciated :smile:

You’re welcome!!
Also to further say, basically from what admissions tutors say, all teachers predict differently so if woudlnt be entirely fair to care about predicted too much.
If it was achieved then it could put you at a disadvantage but for now it should make very minimal difference if any at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending