The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Wondering if I'll get an interview? 3A* 7A I know my gcse are quite low compared to other applicants and people in this forum but I have quite a high ukcat of 732.5 which is quite far into the 10th decile.
(edited 8 years ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by ozzybanjo
Wondering if I'll get an interview? 3A* 7A I know my gcse are quite low compared to other applicants and people in this forum but I have quite a high ukcat of 732.5 which is quite far into the 10th decile.

What are your AS grades?
Original post by blxckatoro
What are your AS grades?

I have completed my A-Levels this summer
AS:AAAB
A-Levels:A*AA with an additional A* in EPQ
Original post by ozzybanjo
I have completed my A-Levels this summer
AS:AAAB
A-Levels:A*AA with an additional A* in EPQ

You should get an interview
GCSEs = 7A*s and 3As
AS = 4As in Chem, Bio, Phy and Maths
A2 = AAAB in Chem, Bio, Maths and Physics (Maths A2 taken a year early in Year 12 but not certificated till after A2s which I'm lead to believe makes it count as sat in same year as the others)
UKCAT= 707.5 (2830 8th Percentile) Band 2

Should I apply for Kings?
Hi guys,
3A* 5A 5B
abbb at AS, but A*AAA prediction and A* prediction EPQ
717.5 band 2 UKCAT
is it worth applying? I'd like to think I have a strong application in terms of PS etc

Thanks! :smile:
Hi guys,
gcse: 5A*5A3B
AS: AAAA
A2 pred: A*A*A* EPQ-A* pred
702.5 b2
I think I have a strong ps and reference, is it worth applying?
Personal statement never makes up for grades. And everyone thinks their personal statement is good so its hard to tell from the forum
Original post by technogenius
GCSEs = 7A*s and 3As
AS = 4As in Chem, Bio, Phy and Maths
A2 = AAAB in Chem, Bio, Maths and Physics (Maths A2 taken a year early in Year 12 but not certificated till after A2s which I'm lead to believe makes it count as sat in same year as the others)
UKCAT= 707.5 (2830 8th Percentile) Band 2

Should I apply for Kings?

As they look at all aspects of the application it's always going to be a coin toss. Even if the odds are in your favour with a string of A*'s, ultimately a certain degree of luck is also required for a successful application.
I think your fully capable of an interview but tbh no one knows your application/ position better than you do. Just make a decision and stick to it.
Should I apply here with a 690 band 2, I do have the best of grades but I'm an international student so there's that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what the lowest UKCAT accepted for a graduate this year was?
Reply 31
Has anyone received a confirmation email from King's after submitting the UCAS application?
Original post by ashp59
Has anyone received a confirmation email from King's after submitting the UCAS application?

Nope nothing yet. Although my application was only processed by UCAS and sent on to my unis today. Have you received anything from King's?
Original post by Tuni530
Hey all, 2nd yr medic from kings here ^.^
just to let you all know about cutoffs, i spoke with admissions today and the lady heavily hinted :wink: that cutoff will NOT be below 710 for A100 this year.
Wish you all the best x

how did she heavily hint that?
Original post by Tuni530
she said with a score less than 710 your chances are extremely slim and she wouldnt bother applying

and how do I know this is a credible source?
Who ever is saying that the cut off is 710, that is complete bs, the unis havent even received all the applications and I doubt that they have even read any of the applications, also I'm sure that pearson vue send of the ukcat scores by late october/november as the deadline date for that is october 16th, stop trying to scare and do one
Original post by Tuni530
LOL no need to indirect, uni's do get ukcat results around november time, but they also base it off the quality of applicants they have gotten over the years and make predictions with regard to that and national ukcat results. you don't have to believe me, i was just trying to help you all, but please by all means speak to admissions yourself and i will hopefully see you there next year :biggrin:

yeah sorry, it's just I find that a bit hard to believe seeing as the the average is 5 points higher at most than all the previous years (bar the year where the average sky rocketed) and the 'guidline score for interview' stated has never been higher than 695, so if anything maybe should go up to 700 statistically, but again that's hard to call because I'm just making an asumption based of the previous years . You said theyre making a prediction with regards to the nation avg and based off previous years, so after looking at all this information i don't see how your information could be correct?
Original post by Tuni530
The lady said the reason for the higher cut off this year is due to last yrs cutoff, people will be expecting a low cutoff--> only means more applicants --> more competition. but I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm only relaying information.Wait for the cliché... don't shoot the messenger :colondollar:

exactly but she doesn't even know, she's just assuming that and making a bit of an educated guess. I'm sorry haha for being a bit aggressive but I have a 702.5avg ukcat and to be told I have practically no chance is a bit disheartening and annoying especially when it's not really true, just an assumption
There's logic on both sides but don't forget that Kings themselves say they take a few who haven't made cut-off so don't be disheartened - your academics may make up for the UKCAT if its marginally below threshold. Even if you get an interview you only stand a 60% chance of a place max so not worth getting aerated.
Well, I applied to King's too :biggrin:!

My Stats:

9A*s, 3As and an A in additional maths at GCSE.

AAAA at As level, predicted A*A*A* (maths, bio and chem - I dropped Geography lel [(not because I did badly but because I hated it xD)]

722.5 UKCAT average

I HOPE I GET AN OFFER LOL :biggrin: Good luck to everyone!!

Latest