The Student Room Group

Soft Claws - Cruelty against cats?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
jaroxski
If you really love cats and don't want to declaw or glue plastics to them, and you don't want to get scratched... there is a solution; wear a full suit of plastic armour with helmet and no cat can scratch through it! You won't like it but your cat will like it. :rolleyes:

:eek: Genius! Why didn't I think of that? :eek4:
Reply 41
Tufts
:eek: Genius! Why didn't I think of that? :eek4:

Because your name is not Jaroxski. My innovative mind bypasses savant people. :rolleyes:
Reply 42
jaroxski
Because your name is not Jaroxski. My innovative mind bypasses savant people. :rolleyes:

I'm not an idiot savant :bawling:
Reply 43
Tufts
I'm not an idiot savant :bawling:

:hugs:
Reply 44
Tufts
You seem to know a lot about cats ;yes;

Can you tell me why, after he stops eating, my cat covers up his food with socks, papers, and anything else he can find lying around. Even though he is the only cat in the entire house.

It could be one of two reasons:

a) Because he wants to save it for later. Some cats in the wild bury the food they don't finish so that another animal doesn't come along and eat it for them. Even though there are no other cats around, instinct is pretty strong in cats. Yours could just have a particular liking for this one.

b) Alternatively, your cat might not like the food you are feeding him! Cats cover up things that offend them, or which they simply want gone - like poo or vomit. Maybe your cat doesn't like the smell of his food and covers it up when he's done because he hates it. You'd probably have noticed if he weren't eating much of it though....
Reply 45
Ink
It could be one of two reasons:

a) Because he wants to save it for later. Some cats in the wild bury the food they don't finish so that another animal doesn't come along and eat it for them. Even though there are no other cats around, instinct is pretty strong in cats. Yours could just have a particular liking for this one.

b) Alternatively, your cat might not like the food you are feeding him! Cats cover up things that offend them, or which they simply want gone - like poo or vomit. Maybe your cat doesn't like the smell of his food and covers it up when he's done because he hates it. You'd probably have noticed if he weren't eating much of it though....

:five:

Wow thanks for the info. How do you know so much about kitties? :smile:
aleathiel
aww thats uber cute! Ive emailed the web link to my mum... our cats so need that!!

so youd be cruel to the cat for the sake of it being cute????

its cruel to the cat, you dont know how much those kind of things could irritate them
Reply 47
Cadre_Of_Storms
so youd be cruel to the cat for the sake of it being cute????

its cruel to the cat, you dont know how much those kind of things could irritate them

Neither do you, so stop pretending otherwise.
Reply 48
Tufts
:five:

Wow thanks for the info. How do you know so much about kitties? :smile:

Probably a mixture of me reading too much, spending too much time with my cats, and loving cats just a little too much.

lol, I am so going to be a cat lady when I'm older. :p:

*goes off into a corner with her kitties* ;e-mog;
Reply 49
Cats can be trained not to claw, it's really easy. All you have to do is provide them with things they CAN claw, like a scratching post or a tree, and train them not to claw other things. My cat (RIP) never clawed anything.
Reply 50
Ink
Probably a mixture of me reading too much, spending too much time with my cats, and loving cats just a little too much.

lol, I am so going to be a cat lady when I'm older. :p:

*goes off into a corner with her kitties* ;e-mog;

You can never love cats *roo* much! ;e-mog;

...well okay perhaps you can:

:indiff:

Seems very cruel to me - I could never do that to my cats!
And couldn't dress them up in outfits either! Our cats don't scratch or claw when they're in the house, they know if they do, they'll be put straight outside.
Reply 52
invisible_gal

And couldn't dress them up in outfits either!

:laugh:

You can just tell this one is saying: "Die in the depths of hell human"

Reply 53
lol...why would you dress your cat up? A true cat lover would appreciate the beauty of a cat without clothing. Animals look stupid dressed up in clothing, and I can't imagine a cat liking (or tolerating) it.
Reply 54
why dont we cap thier teeth and cork their arses whilst we're at it. :rolleyes:
My m8's cat trying to claw me everytime I see it is cruel. De-claw that sucker, I say.
Reply 56
Mind you I love www.stuffonmycat.com...
Ok... hate to point out the obvious but i havn't seen it mentioned yet...
CATS CLAWS RETRACT?!

How exactly do you know that if the cat tries to retract, the plastic wont cut in? try wearing plastic covers on your fingers for the entire day and see how much it irratates you...

My cat was bleeding satan incarnate, sliced a dogs ears of once, but i would never of thought to cap her claws..

same as my cute lil puppy, she barks her heart out ever now and then... then my parrot joins in... and the argue... for a very long time... but i've never thought of buying thoses "anti Bark" things that electrocute them when the throat vibrates.

you don't want your clothes wrecked, furniture wrecked, can't handle a few scratches, don't get a cat. Don't want to have a barking thing at your door, chewing bits of the house... don't get a dog.

the animal is a part of the family.. if your mom talks to much you going to gag her?
Reply 58
Have some of my posts been removed??
Reply 59
****ing lunacy.
What you are doing here is inhibiting an animal's ability to carry out its fucntions. Cats need claws the catch prey etc.
And even if they do not catch prey, they're cats, for God's sake. Frankly, you shouldn't even own a cat if you want to inhibit its very being.
People who use these things are probably the same people that put clothes on their dogs and style their poodle's hair.
Idiocy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending