The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrAli786
You guys with offers from Warwick, how soon after applying did you get a reply from the university?

Mine was next day! Bath was 4 days, still haven't heard back from Durham, City and Loughborough though
Hello, I've applied to Surrey, reading, lesicster, Birm and queen Mary for accounting and finance.

I'm struggling to pick my firm out of Surrey reading and Birm. What do you suggest?
Original post by katy_marshall
Hi, I'm applying for accounting (and finance) at Nottingham, Nottingham Trent, Liverpool, Cardiff and Bournemouth. Anyone else applying to those University's ?

Me, Ive applied to Liverpool and Nottingham, although I suspect not the same course for Nottingham because I've applied for straight Accountancy
Reply 23
1- Accountancy and Finance (Foundation) at Warwick
2- Money, banking and finance (Birmingham)
3- Computer Science (Birmingham)
4- Banking and international finance (Cass) - Might replace this
5- Finance (Durham)

D*D*A

Is the foundation year at Warwick taught in the university? What is the success rate and the pass mark for entry of bsc?
Original post by tazza ma razza
applied to:

1 - Warwick (Accounting +Finance)
2 - Durham (Finance)
3 - Bristol (Economics and Finance)
4 - Nottingham (Economics)
5 - Bath (Accounting +Finance)

My UCAS was sent off earlier this morning

How did you write a personal statement for both A&F and Economics? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sharongrapes
How did you write to write a personal statement for both A&F and Economics? :smile:

With ease ... But for real, talk about finance, not economic theory.
Reply 26
Is anyone applying to Loughborough, Southampton, Lancaster, Birmingham and Aston for A&F ?
Reply 27
Has Loughborough gotten back to you yet ?
Original post by ItzMankit
Hi everyone

I applied about 10 days ago to: Bath, Loughborough, Warwick, Surrey, London South Bank
Im predicted AAB, got AABC at AS level, dropping the C subject.
I have been offered to study at Warwick with AAA.
No other Uni has replied yet
Reply 28
Hi I don't have A-Level maths and I've been offered a place at Liverpool for Accounting and Finance with a year in industry :smile:

Hi what offer did Liverpool give you for grades?
I am a first year at Nottingham doing Accounting, Finance and Management and I don't really like it. The accounting side is okay, we don't start finance until next year.
Original post by RooRoo1
I am a first year at Nottingham doing Accounting, Finance and Management and I don't really like it. The accounting side is okay, we don't start finance until next year.

Why don't you like it? :/
Original post by matt1234512
Mine was next day! Bath was 4 days, still haven't heard back from Durham, City and Loughborough though

Original post by thestarter
I have offers from Bath, Warwick and Bristol now

Congratulations on your offers! I'm a first year International Management student, if you have any questions feel free to quote me.

Hayden
Original post by Toluwnai
Has Loughborough gotten back to you yet ?

Yes Yesterday night I got an offer at 8:50pm
Original post by retardis
Me, Ive applied to Liverpool and Nottingham, although I suspect not the same course for Nottingham because I've applied for straight Accountancy

I've applied for Accountancy at Nottingham, I've got my offer back from Liverpool but heard nothing from Nottingham, what about you ?
In my second year now, it's easier than you think and you don't need to be amazing at maths either. :smile:
I've applied for Accountancy at Nottingham, I've got my offer back from Liverpool but heard nothing from Nottingham, what about you ?

Omg same, thank god its not just me that hasnt heard anything. Ive got offers from everywhere I applied but only the email from Nottingham to say they've got my application. No news is good newa, right?? :argh::argh::argh:
I hope so,I went to the open day and they said if they are considering you, you have to attend an interview and complete an exam to
I hope so,I went to the open day and they said if they are considering you, you have to attend an interview and complete an exam to

Yeah you have to do some psychometric tests (numerical, verbal etc.) Some kind of group activity and an interview. But the really good thing is that if you dont get an offer for the Accountancy course you automatically get an offer for their FAM course
Original post by IKStudent
Why don't you like it? :/

The course has lots of really annoying people on it who turn up late, talk through lectures/seminars, never do any work and walk out early. I don't find it that interesting or stimulating as most of it is really basic if you've any business experience. There's a module that we have to take which they tell you all you have to do is turn up to pass, but then they start telling you more stuff which if you don't do you'll fail the module. Some of the modules just seem pointless. I just feel like accounting/finance/management can all be learnt better in real life, not at uni.
Original post by retardis
Omg same, thank god its not just me that hasnt heard anything. Ive got offers from everywhere I applied but only the email from Nottingham to say they've got my application. No news is good newa, right?? :argh::argh::argh:

Nottingham took forever to reply to me last year. They were over a month behind all the rest! So don't worry :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending