The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mosahra
Yeah most of them but this is my first choice. Just annoying when I have told them how important this is to me, like what have they got to loose? Yeah last year was a mess to be honest.
Anyways thanks for your help! :smile:

Haha, yeah, they must be awful. Just keep trying. Don't give up.

No problem. Good luck with your application! Let me know if you get an offer :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Applied for Politics and International Relations a couple of days ago.
Hope it doesn't take as long as 4 weeks to get a response!

Anyone else here applying/have an offer for this course?
Course: Dentistry
AS Grades: AAAA (and a C in General Studies lol)
A2 Grades: A*A*A + A* in Extended Project
Other unis: Newcastle, KCL, Plymouth and Aston for Optom

Got my fingers and toes crossed for an interview!
Original post by Save.Me

No problem. Good luck with your application! Let me know if you get an offer :smile:

Thank you and I will :smile:
Original post by Save.Me

If I don't get in, do you reckon they will have places in clearing?
Original post by Chrissy.98
Applied for Politics and International Relations a couple of days ago.
Hope it doesn't take as long as 4 weeks to get a response!

Anyone else here applying/have an offer for this course?

I applied to Politics and International Relations as well! I applied a few days ago.
Original post by mosahra
If I don't get in, do you reckon they will have places in clearing?

I'm not sure, but they had quite a lot of places in clearing this year if that's anything to go off? Adjustment is my technique, as in if I get better grades, then I'll try to get in.
Original post by thalprice
I applied to Politics and International Relations as well! I applied a few days ago.

Nice. Haven't seen many applicants to this course here! Which other places have you applied to?
Original post by Save.Me
I'm not sure, but they had quite a lot of places in clearing this year if that's anything to go off? Adjustment is my technique, as in if I get better grades, then I'll try to get in.

Okay thanks , I will apply anyways and see
Just got an offer for Law last night.
Original post by NickM98
Just got an offer for Law last night.

congrats!! may i ask what your predicted grades are? i'm applying for law in the coming two weeks :s
Original post by cookiestarninja
congrats!! may i ask what your predicted grades are? i'm applying for law in the coming two weeks :s

A*AAB in Maths, Further Maths, Computing and Physics respectively. Onc eyou meet the standard offer for most unis they stop worrying too much about that and move on to your personal statement. A*AA is the standard offer.
Who'll be attending the offer holders open day in the school of biological and chemical sciences then? :smile:
Nice. Haven't seen many applicants to this course here! Which other places have you applied to?

KCL, Goldsmiths, Queen Mary, and Royal Holloway. How about you?
KCL, Goldsmiths, Queen Mary, and Royal Holloway. How about you?

Cambridge, SOAS and Queen Mary. I haven't decided on the other 2 yet. The KCL course does look really good so tempted by them. Have you only applied to 4?
Cambridge, SOAS and Queen Mary. I haven't decided on the other 2 yet. The KCL course does look really good so tempted by them. Have you only applied to 4?

Completely forgot to mention I'm applying to City University London as well. I would recommend KCL, from what I've read online their course seems incredible and of course you would get the name brand of KCL with your degree. (I'm from the US and everybody over here holds Oxbridge and KCL in more or less the same esteem)
Completely forgot to mention I'm applying to City University London as well. I would recommend KCL, from what I've read online their course seems incredible and of course you would get the name brand of KCL with your degree. (I'm from the US and everybody over here holds Oxbridge and KCL in more or less the same esteem)

wow interesting to know it's held in such high regard. I had a quick look around last week and it was pretty nice. I have also thought about putting on LSE as well, but then my selection may be a bit risky, so I will probably try to wait for the QMUL response before I decide.
wow interesting to know it's held in such high regard. I had a quick look around last week and it was pretty nice. I have also thought about putting on LSE as well, but then my selection may be a bit risky, so I will probably try to wait for the QMUL response before I decide.

Smart move. I thought about LSE for awhile but I'm a bit below the entry requirements so I think it's better not to risk it. When did you submit your application to QMUL?
Smart move. I thought about LSE for awhile but I'm a bit below the entry requirements so I think it's better not to risk it. When did you submit your application to QMUL?

Yeah LSE is ridiculously competitive which is a shame really. Added QMUL last Friday, they said on their confirmation email it will take up to 4 weeks for a response, but people here seem to be getting them sooner it seems, so I have hope! You? and how come you're coming to the UK to study?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah LSE is ridiculously competitive which is a shame really. Added QMUL last Friday, they said on their confirmation email it will take up to 4 weeks for a response, but people here seem to be getting them sooner it seems, so I have hope! You? and how come you're coming to the UK to study?

Yeah I got that 4 week response too, hopefully it will take less than that for us :tongue:. My dad's English and I'm a dual UK/US citizen so I thought, why not? I can't think of a more suitable place to study International Relations than London--practically the most international destination on Earth.

Latest

Trending

Trending