The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard from the Neuroscience department yet?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Hey guys I have applied to queenmary 2 weeks ago for biomedical science :smile:
As grades : B ( psychology) C ( maths) C (Biology) E (accounting )
A2 predictions BBB
Other unis applied to are : coventry, Kent, Oxford Brooke's and Hertfordshire

I actually have received 4 conditional offers already from Queen Mary, Kent, Oxford Brookes and Hertfordshire which was like super quick ! Still waiting for Coventry though ...

Any ways I just wanted you guys to know that I did extremely bad in my As subjects last year but managed to get offer for AAB from queen mary which I actually didn't expect. Unis don't actually look at your grades alone remember, but also at your personal statement and your teacher's reference :smile:

Any ways just work super hard this year to get into the Uni you wanna go to , as hard work always pays off in which I didn't really word hard enough last year. Hehe
Original post by Chibikun
Hey guys I have applied to queenmary 2 weeks ago for biomedical science :smile:
As grades : B ( psychology) C ( maths) C (Biology) E (accounting )
A2 predictions BBB
Other unis applied to are : coventry, Kent, Oxford Brooke's and Hertfordshire

I actually have received 4 conditional offers already from Queen Mary, Kent, Oxford Brookes and Hertfordshire which was like super quick ! Still waiting for Coventry though ...

Any ways I just wanted you guys to know that I did extremely bad in my As subjects last year but managed to get offer for AAB from queen mary which I actually didn't expect. Unis don't actually look at your grades alone remember, but also at your personal statement and your teacher's reference :smile:

Any ways just work super hard this year to get into the Uni you wanna go to , as hard work always pays off in which I didn't really word hard enough last year. Hehe

Thanks for your inspiring post! :smile: I applied for biomed, too, last week. And I haven't done so well at AS. It's great to hear about your success. I hope I will get an offer, too.
Reply 383
Do universities find out your UMS marks for AS levels as I was one mark off an A and four marks off an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rjpoll
Do universities find out your UMS marks for AS levels as I was one mark off an A and four marks off an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, sorry, unless you apply to Cambridge/some courses at LSE. You could put that in your teachers' reference?
Original post by IzzleBizzle
well done! what was your predicteds and as grades? Im unsure whether I should bother applying:frown:

My predictions this year are AAB but I only got ABCD last year. Honestly I keep seeing so many people saying this and it makes me so sad! If you have a passion for what your going to do and you like the course apply!!! People can see that through your personal statement and references and thats what makes you a good candidate. I wish you the best of luck!
Original post by Anon123hahaha
How good is the Maths department here?

My brother does Maths at QMUL and absolutely loves it. courses and timetable are really good and flexible. his lecturer is really nice too
Reply 387
Has anyone applied to English & French and been accepted? They said they'd try to get back within 4 weeks, but it's been a month as of yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got an unconditional offer for Psychology today!:smile:
Original post by SGrice
Has anyone applied to English & French and been accepted? They said they'd try to get back within 4 weeks, but it's been a month as of yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for English on the 14th October, and have still not heard anything either! :smile:
4 week deadline comes up in about 10 hours
International applicant from Canada for Law and I'm literally stressed af
Any accounting and management offers?
Reply 392
Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
I applied for English on the 14th October, and have still not heard anything either! :smile:

Ok it's nice to know it's not just me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMFG I JUST GOT AN OFFER FOR BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE :biggrin: :biggrin:

It's for AAB, though. Ah. Has anyone actually gotten a ABB offer?
Original post by Save.Me

OMG Well done!!!! :biggrin::smile:
I've got an interview day coming up next week, anyone know what the dress code is? Surely it cant be formal if its a whole day there including taster lectures, the interview,talks, etc.....
Cheers
Why has law entry requirements gone so much higher to A*AA and its also so much higher compared to other ABB courses??
Does qmul do adjustment for law? HELPPPPPPP
Original post by mosahra
OMG Well done!!!! :biggrin::smile:

Thank you! :smile:

Have you applied yet?
Original post by Save.Me

congratulations!!! I told you it would come :biggrin:
I have ABB for History and Politics.

Original post by enquiries
Why has law entry requirements gone so much higher to A*AA and its also so much higher compared to other ABB courses??

Law is always higher than other courses, but I think QMUL are particularly oversubscribed for it

Latest

Trending

Trending