The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by saran12
It would be silly if they didn't give exemptions, but did you try emailing or calling them to double check?

I haven't, have you? i will try contact them to ask
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
I just got an offer for maths!
Original post by Kaddy_Dee
Had my interview for English today. Best discussion I've ever had on literature in ages and it wasn't nothing like the terrifying interrogation I had at Oxford last week. :burnout:Definitely a place I could see myself being at for the next 3 years.

What sort of things did they ask? :smile:
Just been invited to an interview for German and English, wasn't expecting that..:s-smilie: No idea what to expect..What sorts of things do they ask at interviews here?
Why haven't they got back to me yet?

They emailed me around 10th of November saying we will let you know the outcome up to 4 weeks.
Its been 5 weeks now and nothing...
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Why haven't they got back to me yet?

They emailed me around 10th of November saying we will let you know the outcome up to 4 weeks.
Its been 5 weeks now and nothing...

It might be because the course you're applying for is quite oversubscribed so they are waiting for more applicants. However since it's been 5 weeks I'd probably send an email to the admissions office just to check.
Original post by jasminestanley
I just got an offer for maths!

What were your AS grades? PS what are the terms of your offer. I am also applying for this course.
Original post by Mathchemhist
What were your AS grades? PS what are the terms of your offer. I am also applying for this course.

I do IB so I didn't do AS levels but my predicted was 36 with a 6 in maths and my offer was 34 with a 6 in maths. Sorry I couldn't help more but I did get the offer the day after applying.
Original post by Atomicmat
What sort of things did they ask? :smile:

I JUST CHECKED TRACK AND SAW I GOT AN OFFER FROM BOTH QMUL AND UCL TODAY. AHHH I'M SO HAPPY :biggrin:

For the interview the tutor asked a few warm up questions from my personal statement. Make sure you can confidently talk about the texts you've included. They won't ask you direct questions like "What do you think about this character on page XXX?" More like "What did you think about [said novel]?" So you'll have plenty of freedom to say whatever you feel most confident about discussing.

I also had to discuss a piece of text. You might be asked to look through a poem or short prose. Tbh the tutors didn't care about whether I had read widely or not. They were just looking to see if I was enthusiastic and genuinely interested in English Lit. Pretty sure QMUL invite people they're going to give offers to bc the entire day was about persuading the candidates to choose QMUL. We had a campus tour, taster lecture, etc.

I think the hardest question I was asked was "Why do you do Physics and Further Maths for your other A-levels?" and I highly doubt they'll put you on the spot like that hahaha.

GOOD LUCK XX
Original post by Kaddy_Dee
I JUST CHECKED TRACK AND SAW I GOT AN OFFER FROM BOTH QMUL AND UCL TODAY. AHHH I'M SO HAPPY :biggrin:

For the interview the tutor asked a few warm up questions from my personal statement. Make sure you can confidently talk about the texts you've included. They won't ask you direct questions like "What do you think about this character on page XXX?" More like "What did you think about [said novel]?" So you'll have plenty of freedom to say whatever you feel most confident about discussing.

I also had to discuss a piece of text. You might be asked to look through a poem or short prose. Tbh the tutors didn't care about whether I had read widely or not. They were just looking to see if I was enthusiastic and genuinely interested in English Lit. Pretty sure QMUL invite people they're going to give offers to bc the entire day was about persuading the candidates to choose QMUL. We had a campus tour, taster lecture, etc.

I think the hardest question I was asked was "Why do you do Physics and Further Maths for your other A-levels?" and I highly doubt they'll put you on the spot like that hahaha.

GOOD LUCK XX

Congrats! Good luck for Oxford too :smile:
HEY guys, i was just wondering if anyone has applied for medical genetics at QMUL...
Original post by Raysfc16
HEY guys, i was just wondering if anyone has applied for medical genetics at QMUL...

I have :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats really good to hear, did you manage to hear back from them by any chance...
Original post by Raysfc16
Thats really good to hear, did you manage to hear back from them by any chance...

Yeah, I applied on the 1st of October and got an unconditional offer from them two weeks later :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anttiepie
Yeah, I applied on the 1st of October and got an unconditional offer from them two weeks later :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, thats eally good to hear. My application will be getting sent this january and my as grades were fairly low (i got a reason to account for it)... im just hoping i dont get rejected :'(
@antigone-

Do you know if the History/Politics/IR department has an offer holder event?
anyone going to the OPA interview for history?
Original post by Chrissy.98
@antigone-

Do you know if the History/Politics/IR department has an offer holder event?

There have been Q&A sessions but heard nothing about an offer holder open day or anything I'm afraid!
Just got an offer for Law!! Only sent my application in on Friday (18th)!!
Original post by juveale
Nope I think we might get a response in the upcoming week

Got mine on the 16th December

Latest

Trending

Trending