The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Finally got a confirmation from QMUL last night! They have their own MySIS portal for applicants to check and will be sending login details soon. They also said they aim to reply within 4 weeks of you getting a reciept of application :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by RSSM09
Hi,

Applying for Biomedical Science

AS:BDEE (history,maths,bio and chem)
A2 Predictions: AAB or ABB
GCSEs: 3A* 5A 2B 2C

Do you think that because of my AS I wouldn't get any offers
Applying too: 2 courses at Cardiff, Exeter, Bristol(UWE) and Queen Mary

I'm in the same situation as you. Applying for biomed, too, with CDD. :frown: Good luck! Let's hope our AS grades don't let us down.
Original post by antigone-
Finally got a confirmation from QMUL last night! They have their own MySIS portal for applicants to check and will be sending login details soon. They also said they aim to reply within 4 weeks of you getting a reciept of application :smile:

That's great! Good luck :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by Save.Me
That's great! Good luck :smile:

Thank you, you too! The login details they sent me don't work :frown: I've had to email them about it :/
Thank you, you too! The login details they sent me don't work :frown: I've had to email them about it :/

Oh man, that sounds like something that would happen to me :frown: hopefully you'll get it sorted.
Original post by RSSM09
Hi,

Applying for Biomedical Science

AS:BDEE (history,maths,bio and chem)
A2 Predictions: AAB or ABB
GCSEs: 3A* 5A 2B 2C

Do you think that because of my AS I wouldn't get any offers
Applying too: 2 courses at Cardiff, Exeter, Bristol(UWE) and Queen Mary

Also, have you seen that the entry requirements for biomed have gone up? :shock:
Reply 66
AS: BCE (maths,econ,physics)respectively predicted BBC
Applying for maths foundation year
will i get an offer
Reply 67
Original post by Save.Me
Also, have you seen that the entry requirements for biomed have gone up? :shock:

Is it actually their entry requirements or their standard offer that's gone up? King's moved their standard offer for Dentistry to A*AA recently but their entry requirements remain the same
It was ABB, BBB for 3 sciences, and now it's AAB, ABB for 3 sciences

Is it actually their entry requirements or their standard offer that's gone up? King's moved their standard offer for Dentistry to A*AA recently but their entry requirements remain the same

I'm not sure. What's the difference haha? It says under entry requirements the higher grades :frown:
Reply 69
Original post by Save.Me
It was ABB, BBB for 3 sciences, and now it's AAB, ABB for 3 sciences

I'm not sure. What's the difference haha? It says under entry requirements the higher grades :frown:

Entry requirements are the bare minimum you need whereas the standard offer is what they generally give people. You're more likely to get an offer if you are predicted at least the standard offer but the minimum you need is the entry requirement. Does that make sense? Sorry hard to explain haha
Reply 70
Ive just noticed they increased their requirements too! I swear theyre ranked 50th for biomedical science? I got ABBC (A in econ, 2 high b's in maths and biology and a C in chemistry), with aaa predictions. Will i be made an aab or abb offer??
Original post by Fuego1
Ive just noticed they increased their requirements too! I swear theyre ranked 50th for biomedical science? I got ABBC (A in econ, 2 high b's in maths and biology and a C in chemistry), with aaa predictions. Will i be made an aab or abb offer??

I'm panicking so much now :frown: I'm only predicted ABB. I think you'd be fine with your grades! And probably get the AAB?

Entry requirements are the bare minimum you need whereas the standard offer is what they generally give people. You're more likely to get an offer if you are predicted at least the standard offer but the minimum you need is the entry requirement. Does that make sense? Sorry hard to explain haha

Yeah, kind of. But they only have one set of grades written? So does this mean that AAB are the ultimate entry requirements? I'm really worried now. Do you think I'd be made an offer for ABB predictions? :frown:
Reply 72
Original post by Save.Me
I'm panicking so much now :frown: I'm only predicted ABB. I think you'd be fine with your grades! And probably get the AAB?

Yeah, kind of. But they only have one set of grades written? So does this mean that AAB are the ultimate entry requirements? I'm really worried now. Do you think I'd be made an offer for ABB predictions? :frown:

Email them and ask, it's unfair if they've changed entry requirements after people start sending in their UCAS :/
Reply 73
Original post by Fuego1

Depends on your school, if you have extenuating circumstances etc.
Email them and ask, it's unfair if they've changed entry requirements after people start sending in their UCAS :/

Yeah, I know :/ I was just going to send mine off like tomorrow as well until I just checked. On the UCAS website it says the new entry requirements, and that they take ABB for three science subjects, but I can't see the ABB on their website. Do you think UCAS will be accurate? I want to email them, but I want to get my application off before next week :frown:
Reply 75
Hi, I'm currrently a 1st year at QM, my AS grades were BBCC and i got an offer of BBB... talking to others on my course (geography) I seem to have acheived the lowest a level grades there... it is worth applying if your predictions are AAB and you have to have a killer personal statement, but make sure you statement is amazing tbh,

Sorry for pestering you with questions haha. The panic has just taken over me. I can't believe it :frown:

I've got the same problem! I've emailed them too but not heard anything back :/
Original post by Fuego1

Where did they give the rankings? I literally can't find them anywhere!
Reply 79
Original post by Margareter
Where did they give the rankings? I literally can't find them anywhere!

Complete university guide

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending