The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
I just received an invitation for an interview for Msc Medical Microbiology. Does anyone know about the kind of interview questions they can ask and the kind of questions that come up on the assessment please?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 861
Anyone applied for Software Enginerring?
Hey guys! I've got an offer to do Psychology AAB, but I'm thinking I'm going to achieve ABB... Does anyone know how lenient queen Mary are for the grades? I've heard they let you off around 20 UCAS points but I'm not sure, what have you guys heard?
Reply 863
Original post by Sophiekeenan
Hey guys! I've got an offer to do Psychology AAB, but I'm thinking I'm going to achieve ABB... Does anyone know how lenient queen Mary are for the grades? I've heard they let you off around 20 UCAS points but I'm not sure, what have you guys heard?

Look at Unistats website it shows you the grades must people get in with.
Here is link for your course in Queen Mary:
https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjects/entry/10007775FT-UBSF-QMBIOL1-USPSY/ReturnTo/Search
Reply 864

When I received my letter in the mail from QMUL, they said they set high conditions in order to encourage strong work ethic and prevent kids from slacking off, but that they were typically "understanding" if you missed the mark a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 865
anyone applied for maths and actuarial science?
Applied for Astrophysics, have an unconditional offer of ABB.
A2 results: C (physics), D (biology), B (geography)...
Currently on a gap year resitting physics modules and doing a2 maths (I got a C in AS). Queen Mary is my first choice and I've been wanting to go here for ~4 years now haha! Looks like an awesome uni, hoping and praying all my hard work pays off. Any other applicants/physics applicants feel free to discuss :smile:
I applied for Comparative literature at QM. But i wanted to change it to history and comparative literature but I was told I couldn't because I don't History A level. Do you think they would allow me into that course if I got really good grades
Original post by rachelbemah
I applied for Comparative literature at QM. But i wanted to change it to history and comparative literature but I was told I couldn't because I don't History A level. Do you think they would allow me into that course if I got really good grades

Perhaps you could get through if it's available in Clearing? But I doubt it is likely since you didn't do a required A-level.
Hey. I'm looking to apply to Queen Mary's to study Politics on its own.

My GCSE's are 1A 7Bs 2Cs

My AS grades are yet to come but teachers predict BBB for me but I'm aiming for an A in government and politics.

I'm still in my first year in A-levels, moving into Year 13. Upon writing my ucas application, what kind of important things should I include. I know I'm going to include DOfE and NCS. But what things to Queens look for? Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 870
Hey! I got an offer to study Biochem, put it as my insurance and I'm wondering if there will be a possibility to apply for accommodation.
Do I receive something after results day? Do I just have to figure out private accommodation if I don't make the grades for my first choice?
Maybe this info is available online but I found that the website isn't very clear about it. Thanks :smile:
Got my accomodation offer! I'm in Maynard House by the looks of it if anyone is similar?

I've applied for deferred entry so don't need to wait for results at all.
Hey everyone! I'm a QMUL student going into third year - BA Politics. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help! TSR was my biggest resource when I was applying for uni!
Reply 873
Original post by whyamianadult
Hey everyone! I'm a QMUL student going into third year - BA Politics. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help! TSR was my biggest resource when I was applying for uni!

Can you please tell me how we are given the timetable and what its contents are? And how would we be able to find the lecture halls as it is our first time there? Not a super important question but would be nice to know in advance.
Original post by Reda2
Can you please tell me how we are given the timetable and what its contents are? And how would we be able to find the lecture halls as it is our first time there? Not a super important question but would be nice to know in advance.

We were given our timetable only a week or so before starting, especially because the first week is just inductions anyway. Expect to be in 3-4 days a week, with 2/3 hours a day (for Politics).

You're given a map during induction, and a lot of the politics classes tend to be in the same building. So once you've found it once, you don't need to find it again!
Original post by Warriner4
Hey. I'm looking to apply to Queen Mary's to study Politics on its own.

My GCSE's are 1A 7Bs 2Cs

My AS grades are yet to come but teachers predict BBB for me but I'm aiming for an A in government and politics.

I'm still in my first year in A-levels, moving into Year 13. Upon writing my ucas application, what kind of important things should I include. I know I'm going to include DOfE and NCS. But what things to Queens look for? Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why politics, what inspired you into studying the subject, what you plan to do with degree, career paths etc.
Original post by A. Guth
Hey! I got an offer to study Biochem, put it as my insurance and I'm wondering if there will be a possibility to apply for accommodation.
Do I receive something after results day? Do I just have to figure out private accommodation if I don't make the grades for my first choice?
Maybe this info is available online but I found that the website isn't very clear about it. Thanks :smile:

Sorry that this is a late reply, but it would be unlikely of you to get accomodation if it's your insurance. I went to an open day, and they said that there's already too many people wanting accomodation who have firmed it. You have to apply on results day, but I think private would be your best bet.
Original post by Save.Me
Sorry that this is a late reply, but it would be unlikely of you to get accomodation if it's your insurance. I went to an open day, and they said that there's already too many people wanting accomodation who have firmed it. You have to apply on results day, but I think private would be your best bet.

This is very true, I firmed QM as my first choice and didn't get accommodation, so you really have no chance as an insurance choice.
Reply 878
Anyone doing the Software Engineering course?

I have friends on my course who missed their offer by one grade and were still admitted! (BA Politics which is pretty competitive too). Met a couple people who had offers of ABB and were accepted with BBB.

Latest

Trending

Trending