The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tulipsinrain
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms
Do this to get a PFF2 form, just that form. You fill it in and send it off to student finance, it takes about 4 weeks to process they said. If you're confused about anything, call student finance. That's how I found out about how to apply to bursaries.

Thank you, it's such a long form!
So I just fill in the PFF2 form and send it off?
Also, what reply do we get? And then do we show queen Mary that we're eligible for the bursary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Bloom77
Thank you, it's such a long form!
So I just fill in the PFF2 form and send it off?
Also, what reply do we get? And then do we show queen Mary that we're eligible for the bursary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not actually that long, only 8 or so pages. The rest are just help pages that you don't need to print.
Once student finance had received the form they sent me a text informing me so and told me it'd take 4 weeks to process. Once they're done with it, I assume they'll pass it on to QMUL and then uni will decide whether or not we get the bursary.
Reply 982
It's not actually that long, only 8 or so pages. The rest are just help pages that you don't need to print.
Once student finance had received the form they sent me a text informing me so and told me it'd take 4 weeks to process. Once they're done with it, I assume they'll pass it on to QMUL and then uni will decide whether or not we get the bursary.

are there any conditions you have to meet for bursaries?
Original post by boyyo
are there any conditions you have to meet for bursaries?

There are conditions on the queen Mary website.
They give you a list of the bursaries and the conditions for each of them so you can apply to all of them if you're eligible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Just wondering if anyone else got an email saying they revieved the grant? I just wanted to be sure it was them as the email address was @ucla.edu and @umn.edu so I don't know, seemed a bit weird.
Original post by Themodeststudent
Hi Just wondering if anyone else got an email saying they revieved the grant? I just wanted to be sure it was them as the email address was @ucla.edu and @umn.edu so I don't know, seemed a bit weird.

Yeah, it's phishing scam
Don't open the links and delete it

Posted from TSR Mobile

You kno the 'your dependents' page, I don't understand it.
The top bit says: child dependents not in further or higher education and the bottom but is different
My dad has filled in the financial bit so doesn't it show that I'm dependent on him?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Yeah, it's phishing scam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok, thank you! Nearly gave my information to them! But I don't understand how they got my uni email address?
Oh ok, thank you! Nearly gave my information to them! But I don't understand how they got my uni email address?

I believe it was a hack on QMUL's part, they sent an email out about it I think? Or maybe that was a different grant email error? They definitely had a grant email problem they emailed about.
Original post by Laurenafenete
Wait there is a pre freshers party??

Where is it ?
Reply 990
Original post by Bloom77
Yeah, it's phishing scam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you complete the pff2 form?

Does the pff2 actually have to be completed and sent off to SFE to receive the QM bursary? because on SFE it says "
You must send your income details for the 2014 to 2015 tax year. Do this online as part of the student’s application. If you can’t do it online, use form PFF2."

Dosen't that mean we already did the pff2 during our application?
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know how long Qmul take to validate 18+ Oyster card?

I'm not too sure
I'm still waiting for mine too
My friend who also goes queen Mary had hers validated but she applied later than me and I still haven't got mine validated
Not sure who to talk too or email 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Bloom77
I'm not too sure
I'm still waiting for mine too
My friend who also goes queen Mary had hers validated but she applied later than me and I still haven't got mine validated
Not sure who to talk too or email 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just checked their website and apparently it can take up to two weeks to get validated. They also say your business is with TFL if you still have issues
http://www.arcs.qmul.ac.uk/students/finances/discounted-travel/
How come I haven't received my QMUL Bursary cash yet?

I've received the student finance money perfectly and I should be getting £1200/year ish from QMUL
to help towards living expenses. :confused:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

I've received the student finance money perfectly and I should be getting £1200/year ish from QMUL

Have they sent you the email on bursary?
I received it this week.
Have you signed the student finance forms - PFF2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Have they sent you the email on bursary?
I received it this week.
Have you signed the student finance forms - PFF2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, so I should expect to receive that email sometime this week or? :erm:

Yeah i signed it otherwise I wouldn't have got the sfe loan :lol:

Every little helps @ $.
Ah, so I should expect to receive that email sometime this week or? :erm:

Yeah i signed it otherwise I wouldn't have got the sfe loan :lol:

Every little helps @ $.

Actually, you should have already already recieved that email.
The email said: our records show that you are eligible for bursary, etc.
Deadline is 29th October
You're probably not eligible for bursary.
If you think it's a mistake, it's best to email them

Posted from TSR Mobile

The QM bursary is £1571. If you are eligible for it then it'll come in two instalments, one at the end of Feb of (£785.5) and then again at the end of May 2017.

Also, you should have had an email from QM telling you when the payment dates are. If not, email them and find out what's going on.
(edited 7 years ago)
I am applying for Human Geography with QM as my first choice,

I got BB at AS as my other two subjects are new course so no exams for those.

My predicted grades are either ABB/AAB depending on retakes etc.

Haven't set my applications off as still slightly under decided on whether QM is in the location for me

Latest

Trending

Trending