The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
mtbab
i'd still ring the uni snarf and tell them what you got because if they say they'll let you in if you can jus bring up your D to a C or something, which you know they may that liek that unofficially then you still have time to reenter for exams in june, whereas if you wait until may its too late to enter for exams then.

just ring them on the side and if they say they'll accept you wiht ure grades currently say you;ll send them ure results slip or something as they won't get ure results thru until may. i wouldn't sit until may hoping. and if they say they wont accept you, they can't turn it into a rejection yet becuase technically they havent ure results thru so it gives you more time to coax them. this can work in your favour.

Waah! I've missed the deadline for submitting resit forms to my school! This happened to me in September (for the January exams) and I managed to persuade my school and the exam boards to let me retake but it was so stressful and difficult and to be honest mtbab, I'm kinda dumb. I'm actually almost proud of my D in biology and I don't think I could do any better. I've put in for a remark of my biology module just in case I can go up a few marks (although I need to go up about a million marks to go up to a C overall!) I don't want to resit again, I want to go to France and get work experience and stuff. Looks like I'll have to talk my way in, there's no way I even can resit. But I guess I've got Manchester as backup so I'm in a fortunate position :smile: I don't know if this makes any difference but the course I wanna do at Reading is still on extra and I've heard it is often in clearing so doesn't that give me a higher chance of getting in? It's only been going since erm, either 2003 or 2004 so it's pretty undersubscribed cos I don't think people trust it much.
It makes no difference whether or not you already have your grades. I applied through UCAS in my gap year, I didnt take any resits so i already had my definite grades, and some people still took until may to get back to me, they may well wait until august.
Reply 22
Aww...bummer. Hey Nina, could you tell me approximately when in May they reply? Because I believe the deadline for replying to offers is in May :eek: I want to know where I'm at before I reply to my offers.
It's strange that they don't get your results until May, I wonder why that is? :confused: But I don't think it would do any harm to phone them, tell them your results and ask if they'll still accept you. If the course is in Extra and likely to be in Clearing, you've got a good chance, and at least then you'll know where you stand.
Reply 24
kellywood_5
It's strange that they don't get your results until May, I wonder why that is? :confused: But I don't think it would do any harm to phone them, tell them your results and ask if they'll still accept you. If the course is in Extra and likely to be in Clearing, you've got a good chance, and at least then you'll know where you stand.

Sound advice as always kellywood_5! Thank you! Thanks to everyone who's given me advice and information, it's been really useful.

Latest

Trending

Trending