The Student Room Group

History PGCE

Hi folks,

So I'm looking at applying for a History PGCE this year, and I was just wondering how much work experience people have done who have either gotten onto a course previously, or who are applying this year.

Obviously the minimum is 10 days, but I know History is particularly competitive, so I was curious to know what the standard is.

Cheers
Original post by PaulM1989
Hi folks,

So I'm looking at applying for a History PGCE this year, and I was just wondering how much work experience people have done who have either gotten onto a course previously, or who are applying this year.

Obviously the minimum is 10 days, but I know History is particularly competitive, so I was curious to know what the standard is.

Cheers

By the time my application is sent off, I will have done almost one full academic year of one or two days a week. I don't think that will put me at any particular advantage, but as I couldn't get enough time off work to do my experience as a block, I opted to oversee a full year. If that makes sense?
Reply 2
Original post by JaneBaratheon
By the time my application is sent off, I will have done almost one full academic year of one or two days a week. I don't think that will put me at any particular advantage, but as I couldn't get enough time off work to do my experience as a block, I opted to oversee a full year. If that makes sense?

Yeah makes total sense, thanks!
Reply 3
I'm now an NQT and I applied with about 15 days experience.
Reply 4
Original post by PaulM1989
Hi folks,

Cheers

Hey, I'm currently doing a geography PGDE at Sheffield, I applied really late (June) with 15 days in 3 schools. What matters more if your application and interview, should you get one. I have a 2:2 degree too so I was stoked to get an interview. I had to teach a mini lesson to a group of year 7's and my tutor said she offered me a place based on this mini lesson.

Don't rush your application, take your time, make sure it represents the besst of you. If you have the minimum amount of experience, that will be fine. Just completely ham it up in the application :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending