The Student Room Group

A2 English Lit Coursework help?

Hiya!I'm currently struggling with my english lit coursework. I'm supposed to be doing 'perceptions of race' and the texts are To Kill a Mockingbird, The Secret Life of Bees and a collection of poems by Langston Hughes. I'm feeling like my coursework isn't really going anywhere so my teacher said that I could scrap the idea completely and start a new theme etc. I'm doing Psychology at uni so i'm thinking coursework on mental health would be good, but I don't know where to start (One flew over the Cuckoo's nest and A Clockwork Oange are usually very popular but I don't know if it would be too hard to do?). Do you guys think it's better to start a new theme that'll help with my personal statement or just try and do a different take on To Kill a Mockingbird? And if so do you know any texts that fit in with TKAM? Any help is greatly appreciated!x
Original post by amanda11almeida
Hiya!I'm currently struggling with my english lit coursework. I'm supposed to be doing 'perceptions of race' and the texts are To Kill a Mockingbird, The Secret Life of Bees and a collection of poems by Langston Hughes. I'm feeling like my coursework isn't really going anywhere so my teacher said that I could scrap the idea completely and start a new theme etc. I'm doing Psychology at uni so i'm thinking coursework on mental health would be good, but I don't know where to start (One flew over the Cuckoo's nest and A Clockwork Oange are usually very popular but I don't know if it would be too hard to do?). Do you guys think it's better to start a new theme that'll help with my personal statement or just try and do a different take on To Kill a Mockingbird? And if so do you know any texts that fit in with TKAM? Any help is greatly appreciated!x

I'd drop TKAM like a hot brick if I were you, as it is a GCSE text and won't look good for A2. I'd look at The Bell Jar along side Cuckoo's Nest and look at the presentation of mental breakdown.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I'd drop TKAM like a hot brick if I were you, as it is a GCSE text and won't look good for A2. I'd look at The Bell Jar along side Cuckoo's Nest and look at the presentation of mental breakdown.

Ah that's a very good point I didn't even think about that! Thanks for your advice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending