The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yeah - i feel ive got to do something but dont want o get a bad reputation from it - i think that im going to go find out morrow about what happened and who decided that - afterwhich i may lead on to general arguments with her and how the students should get ore of a say and hopefully she will accpetomething more - lol i need a say to say that we need a say - how fun!

ill post here tomorow guys with wot she sed - hopefully can be a bit more reasonable - g2g now guys but feel free to keep on posting on it i need all the help i can get - fed up of the school not noticing that it has students and pupils in it!

Thanks to every1 for their replies - uve all bn a great help
Reply 21
Also - we have had a new school built VERY recently - pupils move in after easter. It is owned by a pvt company called transform schools - school hires it out for 25 years after which the LEA has the option to purchase the buoilding - weve got a £95,000 astro turf that pupils are rarely gonna be allowed on but companies and whoever else sports teams etc. can hire it out - dont know about during the day though but surely thats morally wrong that in a school facilities are not provided for the pupils because a private 3rd party company wants some money..... but cant comment on it too much cos not happened yet - wouldnt be suprised if it did though...
Unfortunately I doubt a petition would work because a) pupils will sign anything without actually knowing or caring what it's about and b) pupils' views are generally ignored anyway. I remember in Year 13 we started a petition for a boy in Year 12 who wasn't allowed a pink mohican and pretty much every sixth former signed it, but it made no difference whatsoever; he was still told he'd be expelled if he didn't get rid of it, so he had no choice. For a petition to work, you'd need parents, teachers and governors to sign it as well because those are the people with influence. Do the others on the school council feel the same way? If so, why don't you all arrange a meeting with the head and other senior staff to tell them how you feel? Just explain politely that you feel the school council isn't having as much of a say as it should and that you're unhappy with the way some money is being spent. If that doesn't work, all of you and preferably all of your parents should try to organise a meeting with the governors.
Can you prove that the science grant money was spent on that conference building? Other money could've been used for it without you knowing.

Latest

Trending

Trending