The Student Room Group

Cutting down on GCSE english CA- too many words!!

Can someone read my CA please and help me cut it down- there's a 2000 word guidance and I'm gonna be at around 2500!
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Can someone read my CA please and help me cut it down- there's a 2000 word guidance and I'm gonna be at around 2500!

Hi there :h:

I noticed you said 'word guidance' rather than 'limit', has your teacher said it's a guidance? :smile: If that's the case, then there's no problem with going over it, that's just what the exam board suggests is enough. I wrote a few sides more than the average on every piece of my English CAs and got full marks in them all, so writing more shouldn't harm your marks.

Ask your teacher and double check, as even if 2000 is a limit, there is more often that not a percentage over that they'll be lenient with :yes:
Original post by Gingerbread101

I noticed you said 'word guidance' rather than 'limit', has your teacher said it's a guidance? :smile: If that's the case, then there's no problem with going over it, that's just what the exam board suggests is enough. I wrote a few sides more than the average on every piece of my English CAs and got full marks in them all, so writing more shouldn't harm your marks.

Ask your teacher and double check, as even if 2000 is a limit, there is more often that not a percentage over that they'll be lenient with :yes:

This is the quote from the exam board officially

Candidates must produce work totalling about2000 words in a period of up to four hours inresponse to the Controlled Assessment task.

Say I do 2499- that rounds down to 2000- would this be allowed?
Original post by Gingerbread101

Do you think that when I finish my draft you could give me feedback please- since you got full marks? :smile:
Reply 4
what exam board are you on? AQA seems to allowed infinity word count because everyone be writing like 12 pages in the exam.
This is the quote from the exam board officially

Candidates must produce work totalling about2000 words in a period of up to four hours inresponse to the Controlled Assessment task.

Say I do 2499- that rounds down to 2000- would this be allowed?

I was never told a word count for any of mine- I just kept writing until I ran out of ideas :lol:
I'd say with 'about 2000' they would barely even be bothered until it got to 3500, and even then they can't do anything about it :tongue:
Do you think that when I finish my draft you could give me feedback please- since you got full marks? :smile:
I would be able to check for errors and give you areas for improvement and general feedback, but I never give a mark or grade to responses I look at :nah:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending