The Student Room Group

gcse grades needed for brampton manor

hii does anyone know what roughly what grades you need to get it to bma. ik what the min entry requirement but bma have said that ur grades need to be quit a lot higher and i just wanted to gauge an idea of what it might be

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by anonymous.2003
hii does anyone know what roughly what grades you need to get it to bma. ik what the min entry requirement but bma have said that ur grades need to be quit a lot higher and i just wanted to gauge an idea of what it might be

For Stem subjects like physics, maths, further maths, bio, chem etc you essentially need minimum 8s in the subjects you want to study. But even that doesn't guarantee you place at all. 9s are heavily desired for these subjects as they are very competitive and popular. For humanities subjects such as sociology, psychology, English and history etc, 8s in the subject you want to study should be fine.
Original post by anon1268920
For Stem subjects like physics, maths, further maths, bio, chem etc you essentially need minimum 8s in the subjects you want to study. But even that doesn't guarantee you place at all. 9s are heavily desired for these subjects as they are very competitive and popular. For humanities subjects such as sociology, psychology, English and history etc, 8s in the subject you want to study should be fine.

thank you sm for ur honest reply, i think ill get 9s for the subjects i wanna do. but dyu have an idea of what range the other grades need to be around?
Reply 3
thank you sm for ur honest reply, i think ill get 9s for the subjects i wanna do. but dyu have an idea of what range the other grades need to be around?

If you’ve got 9s in the subjects you want, then if the average of the rest of your grades is above 7.0 , it’s fine. An odd grade 5 in spanish or something shouldn’t affect your enrolment too much as long as your other grades are above a 7.0 GPA.
Reply 4

Read the over-subscription rules ... no-one can predict what the cut-off will be
Original post by Muttley79
Read the over-subscription rules ... no-one can predict what the cut-off will be

okayy thats a good point
i wanted to know what sort of grades people who r going to bma right now got so i could sort of narrow it down cos the rules r quite vague
Reply 6
If I get these grades, do you reckon I'll have a chance?

English Language - 8
English Literature - 8
Maths - 7
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 7
Religious Studies - 8
Computer Science - 7
Physical Education - 6
Spanish - 6
Geography - 6

I'm trying to do Maths, FM, Physics and CS at A-Levels.
Original post by MellysJelly

English Language - 8
English Literature - 8
Maths - 7
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 7
Religious Studies - 8
Computer Science - 7
Physical Education - 6
Spanish - 6
Geography - 6

In general those are very good grades but for BMA that would be seen on the lower end. Many student who get in have 9's mostly as it is very competitive. There is no determining exactly if you would get in as it depends on the results of other students. However, I wish you the best of luck and no matter where you go as long as you put in hard work and commitment on your end you will be successful.

English Language - 8
English Literature - 8
Maths - 7
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 7
Religious Studies - 8
Computer Science - 7
Physical Education - 6
Spanish - 6
Geography - 6

no
Reply 9

English Language - 8
English Literature - 8
Maths - 7
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 7
Religious Studies - 8
Computer Science - 7
Physical Education - 6
Spanish - 6
Geography - 6

unfortunately not with a 7 in maths. you’re not able to do Further Maths without a 9 in maths
guys after my gcses i think i might get 7 9s and 3 8s is this gonna be good to get a place at brampton
and im predicted 9s for the subjects i wanna do there
guys after my gcses i think i might get 7 9s and 3 8s is this gonna be good to get a place at brampton
and im predicted 9s for the subjects i wanna do there

yes. 100%
Original post by anon1268920
yes. 100%

awh thanks for u opitimism im gonna come here on results day and see if my predictions were right lmao
awh thanks for u opitimism im gonna come here on results day and see if my predictions were right lmao

Did you get a place?
Original post by Road2Oxford
Did you get a place?

omg hi i forgot about this thread

i ended up getting all 9s and i was offered a place at bma but i rejected it

Where did you end up going
Original post by TheHhhhhhh
Where did you end up going

harris westminster

why did you reject it?
Original post by httpluuv
why did you reject it?
the teaching style wasnt for me tbh and it felt like 2 years there would change me a lot as a person

What a power move lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending