The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for/done the Sutton Trust US Programme?

Scroll to see replies

The test is a mock ACT, a smaller version of it. And studying for the ACT and AS isn't as bad as it sounds, 150 of us manage it each year. And if after the first residential you feel it will be too much, you can opt to leave the programme. Every year, most of the people who leave when it goes from 175 to 150 are people who ask to leave the programme because they're not interested/think it will be too much work
Hey guys! I hope everyone's app went okay! I've applied :smile: all the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Almost march, who's nervous?? 😄😁
Did anyone else get on to the residential??
Original post by flerovium
Did anyone else get on to the residential??

Nope - I wish I did though because I tried my hardest in the application :frown:
Original post by TSRMatt
Nope - I wish I did though because I tried my hardest in the application :frown:

Damn- sorry mate

I'm pretty surprised I was selected tbh
Well that sucks balls
Congrats to all those who got in!!
Remember, this isn't the end. After the first residential, they'll assess you interest in the programme to see if you go on to actually applying. Remember, these guys work for you! So they obviously want only those who will put in as much effort as they put in to you.
Reply 28
Are there interviews at the first residential, do you speak to members of the Sutton Trust individually? Do the majority of the 25 that get cut leave because they want to or if not, what is the decision based upon? This is my dream, I really want to do well!! Thanks :smile:
Ah they just see how you engage etc. They also take a mock ACT test to see your progress for the real thing in June, and count it as one of the factors.
Don't worry! If you're genuinely interested, you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 30
thanks a lot for the response!! I cannot wait, hopefully I will be successful!! :smile:
Hi I’m applying this year and wandering if anyone has any advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending