The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
according to another thread...those who are doing biomedical sciences, it is as follows:

BBB ~ original offer
BBC ~ if you get this, you still get into KCL
BCC ~ if you get this, phone up KCL admissions tutor and just SELL YOURSELF!!!

Hope the same thing applies for you ~~
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
does any1 know engineering specific. My sisters mate got into biochemistry with ACD, CD in bio and chem. That just shows if you begg enough u can get in.
Reply 3
Umm...I havent applied to uni for 2007 but still plan on going this year so Im planning to go through clearing. I heard from a teacher recently that 'good universities' dont do clearing because theyre always full up-especially for popular courses- is neuroscience considered a popular course? Do kings allow people in through clearing for such courses or is it one of those where the next person to be interviewed[but rejected at the time] gets accepted onto the course? If you meet the grade requirements but hadnt applied, do you still stand a chance of getting in? I know these are hard qs to answer because its quite unpredictable sometimes but if anyone has knowledge/experience of this stuff, please reply. Thanks.
Reply 4
Student2006
Umm...I havent applied to uni for 2007 but still plan on going this year so Im planning to go through clearing. I heard from a teacher recently that 'good universities' dont do clearing because theyre always full up-especially for popular courses- is neuroscience considered a popular course? Do kings allow people in through clearing for such courses or is it one of those where the next person to be interviewed[but rejected at the time] gets accepted onto the course? If you meet the grade requirements but hadnt applied, do you still stand a chance of getting in? I know these are hard qs to answer because its quite unpredictable sometimes but if anyone has knowledge/experience of this stuff, please reply. Thanks.

Sorry, I don't anything Neuroscience specific but there is a list with the unis who had places in Clearing/ Extra in the UCAS forum I think. Can't you apply through Extra or is it already closed?? You're chances might be higher then than if you wait until August.

Neuroscience is only a small programme at King's (20 places or so), so it might be already full. I don't think there are many unis who let people in for a course by Extra/ Clearing who have been rejected in the normal application cycle- at least I'm quite sure that King's doesn't. You're chances of getting in are of course higher if you meet their standard offer, but as long as you haven't spoken to someone from admissions we can't tell you anything.

My advice: have a look at the list for UCAS Extra and email the Admissions Tutor at King's explaining your situation and telling them that you'd really like to study the course, etc. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you for your reply =) Yeah, thats my point- so if I do meet a uni's requirements-and Kings' are possible for me to meet-would they still consider me at clearing IF there are spaces? Or is there absolutely no chance because I hadnt applied to them- I heard some unis do that...?
Reply 6
Student2006
Thank you for your reply =) Yeah, thats my point- so if I do meet a uni's requirements-and Kings' are possible for me to meet-would they still consider me at clearing IF there are spaces?

Yes, of course they will if the course is in Clearing. But again, there are more courses in Extra, so why not try it there?
Student2006
Or is there absolutely no chance because I hadnt applied to them- I heard some unis do that...?

I've heard that it was the other way round: unis don't accept people who have been rejected for that particular programme in the normal application cycle. What is also as I have heard is that people call the admissions tutors for a programme that is on Extra/ Clearing before they make their formal application on UCAS in order not to waste an application = time. The people in the UCAS forum might be able to help you out there.
Reply 7
Ahh..right right..well thats encouraging to know. Im not sure whether Extra is still operating or not...it started in March...I'll check though, if not, I'll try my luck at Clearing anyway. Thanks for ur reply btw =)
Reply 8
Student2006

go search courses on ucas and the courses with an x next to them are available in extra the others aren't.
From what I've already checked no kings courses are available but go have a look yourself it should be an indicator towards clearing aswell

Latest