The Student Room Group

What did people get in gcse mocks compared to real exams?

Scroll to see replies

In my mocks: 1A 4Bs 3Cs 3Ds
GCSE: 2A*s 3As 2Bs 3Cs 1D
(The D that I got was the A I got in the mock because the A was only part as coursework counted too and the D I got in my mock was one of the As I got in my GCSES-I turned the grade round 7weeks before the first exam for that subject - proof that if you care (and actively care if you know what I mean) it doesn't matter how hard things are or how bad you r at something, you can change things!!!
Just work hard and Goodluck!! It's great you've realised you need to work really hard from now cos some people (kinda including me) realise this when they start revising for the final exams
Original post by OliviaJH
OKAY so I really want to know what other people got for their mocks GCSEs compared to their real ones in the summer, i feel really disheartened now because my first few haven't gone too well (im partway through). I didn't revise as much as i normally would because i had some other things going on and i am so so scared and worried because my target grades are high :frown:

Lol I just posted something not realising this thread was so old (from last year). Oh well hope you did do well
It's great you realised you had to work hard from then and not wait till you were revising not your actual GCSEs
Mocks: 6A 3B 2C
Real: 7A* 2A 1B 1C
In my mocks I got like all C's and in my real two years ago, I got 9A*s and 4 As
I got really good mock grades then the real exam went meh
Hey, don't worry. I did really well in my end of year 10 mocks and then really badly in my year 11 mocks (at least for me- I go to a grammar school so there's a lot of competition and pressure). I got a d and a c- I'd never got one before and it really showed how important revision is. For my year 10 mocks I revised loads and did so well and then in year 11 I basically did none. However, this really motivated me. Remember that year 11 mocks will often be a lot of the course and you won't have learnt it. My school treated them seriously but if you do badly it really motivates you to revise and get help on any areas you're struggling in. Btw I got 9A*s and 2As in my GCSEs. You'll do great, if you're posting on here you obviously care. Don't let yourself get too worked up though, I had panic attacks and cried several times over mocks and after you've got your GCSE grades you will be able to see that they meant nothing and really aren't important other than a means to help you revise.
Reply 206
Original post by Starlight2000
Lol I just posted something not realising this thread was so old (from last year). Oh well hope you did do well
It's great you realised you had to work hard from then and not wait till you were revising not your actual GCSEs

Thank you very much for sharing! Im sure others Will also stop by if they are going through the same thing:smile: and thank you! I actually managed to surprise myself loads by getting 9A*s and 3As in the Real exams, so i was thrilled. I just need to keep the Work up for sixth form now:wink:
Mocks: A*A*AAABBBCC

Real thing: A*A*A*AAAABBC

So pretty similar :redface:

If your mock grades aren't as good as you want them to be don't be disappointed! You still have plenty of time to turn things around :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OliviaJH
Thank you very much for sharing! Im sure others Will also stop by if they are going through the same thing:smile: and thank you! I actually managed to surprise myself loads by getting 9A*s and 3As in the Real exams, so i was thrilled. I just need to keep the Work up for sixth form now:wink:

Your welcome and Good luck with your alevels!!! :smile:
Mocks: 3 A*s, 3 As, 2 Bs, a D and an E
Real GCSEs: 9 A*s, 1 A
For Religious Studie in my mock i got a E and in the real thing i got an A
For Geography in my mock i got a D and in the real thing i got a B
Maths i got a U AND E and in the real thing i got CC
ICT i honestly did no work at all and in the real thing i got a level 1 distinction which is equivalent to an A*
Reply 211
Nobody needs to stress over GCSE mocks, especially if they've been set straight after Christmas (usually the case) .. it won't be your true representation because you'll have more time and focus in the lead up to the real exams... if you do too well then you're in your comfort zone too much and teachers wont take much notice of you because they think you're doing fine.. where as a little below your predicted grade is a kick up the bum.
My GCSE mock grades were
Maths C
English Lit B
English Lang A
Biology D
Physics E
Chemistry C
My results:
Maths A
English Lang A
Biology B
Physics B
Chemistry C
Although schools literally jam it into us that mocks are very important, they are not. Trust me. If u do not do as well as u had wished, move on. Find the motivation to do well in your actual exams. For example, for my science I got cbc and came out with a* a* c. All it takes is a little revision and hard work, and you will be absolutely fine 😃😃
Mocks:
English Lit- B
English Lang-B
Maths- D
Core science-D
Additional Science- U
French-D
Geography-A
Psychology-D
Tech-D

Real Exams:
English lit- A
English Lang A
Maths- C
Additional science-C
Core science-D
French-B
Geography-B
Psychology-B
Technology-A
PE-merit
Travel and tourism- Distinction
RE- B
Original post by Omni Vanitas
Mocks I got 1 A*, 3A, 4B,4C,1D--->Real grades 5A*, 4A, 4B :biggrin:

That's really good 👍
Original post by Jessieddurham
Mocks:
English Lit- B
English Lang-B
Maths- D
Core science-D
Additional Science- U
French-D
Geography-A
Psychology-D
Tech-D

Real Exams:
English lit- A
English Lang A
Maths- C
Additional science-C
Core science-D
French-B
Geography-B
Psychology-B
Technology-A
PE-merit
Travel and tourism- Distinction
RE- B

👍👍👍
Thank you guys you are all giving me motivation :smile:)
I got so much lower in my mocks than in my actual GCSEs, mostly because I didn't revise or practice for mocks. I got a grade 5 in my RS mock and a grade 9 in my real thing - partly because my teachers used very harsh grade boundaries. Pretty much the same for the rest of my subjects got at least 2 grades higher at least in actual GCSEs compared to mocks. You really kick yourself into gear if you perform badly in mocks so it's not so much a bad thing, but obviously makes it easier for the actual things if you work for mocks.
basically the same. slightly better in mocks. lol

Quick Reply

Latest