The Student Room Group

International Relations Masters for 2016 Entry

Hi all,

My first message on here, so please bear with me.

I am interested in doing a Masters in International Relations or possibly International Public Policy. My dream is to be an international journalist, or to work in the public sector in an international role, i.e Foreign Office, Security Services, UN etc. I am especially interested in relations with the Arab/Muslim world, terrorism, conflict diplomacy, post-war management and the development field. I have always been fascinated by countries 'on the edge,' countries with security problems, civil wars, dubious leaders. I'm ooking at the International Relation's courses at the LSE, KCL and Edinburgh, and also the International Public Policy at UCL.

I graduated this past summer with a 2.1 (64 average) in BA History from Nottingham University. I am currently working in Khartoum, Sudan as journalist and English teacher for an International NGO. This is a symptom of my particular interests in the Muslim world and developing countries.

So.... I completely understand that acceptance to these courses is on a case by case basis, dependent on a variety of factors. However what concerns me is my degree mark. Whilst I have a 2.1, it certainly isn't 'strong' by any means, does anyone know if this mark is simply too low to stand a chance? Am i aiming too high?

I also wondered if their was anyone else currently considering/starting the process of application to these sorts of courses? How is everything going?

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending