The Student Room Group

UCL postgraduate applicants 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BH83
I wanted to do that course but the cost was too much lol, references are important but are one of many factors and a good CV will probably help negate the effects of your references

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I hope so, I'm on track for a first but I really hope they don't put a lot of emphesis on references.

What course are you applying to now? They increased the fees for FRM this year too, but its still cheaper than any finance Msc.
Reply 21
Original post by userage
Well I hope so, I'm on track for a first but I really hope they don't put a lot of emphesis on references.

What course are you applying to now? They increased the fees for FRM this year too, but its still cheaper than any finance Msc.

Hopefully not, I'm sure someone will provide clarity on the importance of references. I'm applying to MSc statistics, there's a few finance/risk based modules available I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Got a conditional offer !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by BH83

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!
Original post by BH83

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!

Do you mind sharing your profile?
Reply 25
Reply 26
What are you all doing for accommodation?
Original post by BH83
What are you all doing for accommodation?

I'm from London and live near UCL so thankfully won't have to pay for accommodation.
Reply 28
Original post by PostGrad221
I'm from London and live near UCL so thankfully won't have to pay for accommodation.

That's lucky haha, I'm looking at iQ Bloomsbury, quite pricey but it looks nice and is literally round the corner from the university
Hi Guys!

I applied to Msc Risk, Disaster and Resilience..! Anyone else??

I made it on november 13th and i'm waiting since then... Maybe i get some answer in January !

Crossed fingers!

Are u waiting too?
Reply 30
Got an unconditional offer for the MSc in Public Policy! Ecstatic but also keeping my options open. I'm still waiting to hear from other universities. Anyone else in the course?
Original post by wchngw
Got an unconditional offer for the MSc in Public Policy! Ecstatic but also keeping my options open. I'm still waiting to hear from other universities. Anyone else in the course?

Hi ! When did u apply ??
Reply 32
My application was completed in late Oct when both my references were submitted.
Reply 33
Anyone doing MSc Statistics ?
Reply 34
My application status is "Currently being processed by Admissions"

I'm assuming this means I will likely hear back soon, but does anyone know for sure?
Reply 35
Original post by jrice
My application status is "Currently being processed by Admissions"

I'm assuming this means I will likely hear back soon, but does anyone know for sure?

Check it after midnight UK time, that's what I heard/did
Reply 36
Original post by BH83
Check it after midnight UK time, that's what I heard/did

Great, thank you! :smile:
Reply 37
You were right, I got a conditional offer for the MSc in Management! :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by jrice
You were right, I got a conditional offer for the MSc in Management! :smile:

Congratulations ! Well done!
Reply 39
Hey everyone. I've been thinking about applying to UCL now that we can get graduate student loans and I can actually afford it!

Been looking at either Medieval and Renaissance or just plain History. Currently on 67% overall, anyone know if its worth applying with this or do they basically just look for firsts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending