The Student Room Group

UCL postgraduate applicants 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

I have finally got a conditional offer after more than 4 months of waiting....can't even believe!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting hopefully you will hear soon from the admissions
Reply 761
Original post by asmith15
I have finally got a conditional offer after more than 4 months of waiting....can't even believe!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting hopefully you will hear soon from the admissions

Congratulations!!!

I got an offer too (at 12:30 AM) Haven't slept since then... buzzing... :biggrin:
Reply 762
Original post by Resfeber
Hello! What will you be studying? Yes, I did! I got a studio close to UCL. I wasn't too sure if i'd get into one of the halls as I applied quite late and didn't want to risk the waiting list. How about you?

Hi!
I'll be studying MSc. Environment, Politics & Society. I did apply for accommodation well before the deadline, but I haven't received any offer till now.
BTW I got my CAS number yesterday. I hope you also get it soon. :smile:
Reply 763
Original post by Rudaki
Applied: MA Education and International Development. Waiting for a response...

*paces up and down room* :boing:

Congratulations to all those who have a place! Best of luck in the future.

Hi there!
Did you get in?
I am on the MA Education starting Oct...
Original post by Fallyn
Hi there!
Did you get in?

Awesome, three of us at IOE.
MA Education and International Development here.
Anyone else excited to start already? I've been out of education working for a year and cannot wait to be a student again :biggrin:
Original post by Rudaki
Congratulations!!!

I got an offer too (at 12:30 AM) Haven't slept since then... buzzing... :biggrin:

Congratulations!!!! :smile:
Got my offer from UCL for MSc Cancer a few days ago.
Does anyone know when pre-enrollement starts?
Reply 768
Anyone else joining a School of Public Policy course? I'm doing the MSc in International Public Policy and would be good to hear from anyone else at the SPP :smile:
Reply 769
Original post by Fallyn
Hi there!
Did you get in?

I did! Good luck!
Reply 770
Original post by Earlylifecrisis

Any chance we can keep in touch? *cough* WhatsApp* *cough private messenger* I've done the pre-enrolment task. Finances I think I shall pay soon...

Original post by matildaa
Anyone else excited to start already? I've been out of education working for a year and cannot wait to be a student again :biggrin:

Terribly excited; though a little nervous.
Reply 771
Original post by Rudaki
Any chance we can keep in touch? *cough* WhatsApp* *cough private messenger* I've done the pre-enrolment task. Finances I think I shall pay soon...

Terribly excited; though a little nervous.

Yes! Good idea! F book??
Reply 772
Original post by Fallyn
Yes! Good idea! F book??

I've sent you my details (Private Message)
So, those of you who got in MSc Computer Science... what were your bachelor degree scores like? (I'm to be applying for next year, so here's a very panicky question from a very tense student reading up on the admissions process like an insane person.)

Congratulations to all of you who got in wherever you wanted to go, and good luck with your new experiences. :smile:
Original post by RandomCurrent
So, those of you who got in MSc Computer Science... what were your bachelor degree scores like? (I'm to be applying for next year, so here's a very panicky question from a very tense student reading up on the admissions process like an insane person.)

Congratulations to all of you who got in wherever you wanted to go, and good luck with your new experiences. :smile:

I graduated with 72%.

If you have any questions, you can always message me :smile:
Does anybody know how competitive MRes Speech, Language and Cognition is? And how long the department take with offers? :-)
Reply 776
Original post by Annette0216
Hi, I got unconditional offer now (firstly got conditional offer because of my English test) and I had to wait full 8 weeks. I'd like to say just be positive:smile: soon good news will come!

Hi Annette
Hope you are enjoying UCL CSML course. I have applied for 2017 for the same. Can you please provide some insight into the course ? How is the overall feeling about the course ?
thanks
I have the same concern! I'm applying for a PhD in Geography and I can't find any deadlines online...
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of applying to the MA Education and International Development at UCL. I'm currently doing BA Accounting and Finance at Durham University so this MA is not really relevant to my undergraduate study. Moreover, I don't have any relevant working experience in a lower middle income country but I'm actually from a lower middle income country (Vietnam). I got a 2:1 68% last year so not that "super smart" type. However, I really really like this course and it would best suit my long-term goal. So anyone know how competitive is this course at UCL? Would it be sensible for me to apply since I don't have any relevant experiences or undergraduate study? Do I even stand a chance of getting an offer? And in my ps, should I be hosnet and say I hope to work in many other parts of the world or should I say I just want to go back to my country?
Original post by Earlylifecrisis

HI, I'm thinking of applying to this MA. However, I am currently doing BA Accounting and Finance at Durham (2:1 68% in my 2nd year). I don't have any relevant working experience in any lower middle income countries but I'm indeed from a lower middle income country. Would you mind sharing your background and your application process? I really really love this master but I think my irrelevent undergraduate study and not so high 2nd year results would affect my application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending