The Student Room Group

Coleraine pgce

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
So 3 people have interviews so far....anyone else? I've not heard yet :frown: stressing. Did anyone ask at their storytelling when they would likely hear back?
Reply 41
Original post by cmca86
So 3 people have interviews so far....anyone else? I've not heard yet :frown: stressing. Did anyone ask at their storytelling when they would likely hear back?

Hey, I heard back on Wednesday that I got an interview for 3rd of feb. I'd say more letters will go out this week so try not to panic
Reply 42
Thank you, trying not to.....but I did my storytelling on 11th Dec & people who did theirs after me have heard already....but yes, trying not to worry! X
Reply 43
I also have an interview on the 1st of February! Little bit nervous, not sure what to expect for the maths and English tests!
Reply 44
Well done! Is there anyone left waiting to hear either way? (Except me of course....)
Reply 45
I got a letter today to say I've got an interview yeah!!!! 7th March :-)
well done :smile:
Reply 47
Got my letter today, turned down yet again, 3 years experience as classroom assistant and a good degree obviously means nothing. Good luck to everyone who got to interview
Reply 48
Aw I'm sorry Roisin :frown: have you been able to contact them yet for any feedback?
Reply 49
Original post by cmca86
Aw I'm sorry Roisin :frown: have you been able to contact them yet for any feedback?

Only got my letter today so I will get in touch on Monday, I'm so angry so prob best I cant speak to any1 today
Reply 50
Yes, I would be the same as you so probably is best you have a day or so to calm down a little! Did you get any feedback last year when you didn't get through? I read on here one girl (maybe you?!) said they emailed her how they marked her in her interview & she was very close to getting through, that would maybe be helpful for you to see what they thought? Have you applied anywhere else? X
Reply 51
No I didn't get feedback last year at all, I will not stop until I get it this year and if possible appeal the decision. The only other I have applied to is Stran as I can't go across the water because I have a young family and my mum is not very well😔
Original post by lilysitt
Has anyone heard back after storytelling yet? :smile:

Hi, I had my storytelling at the beginning of January and have the formal interview and tests next Wednesday 3rd. Has anyone any idea what the tests consists of? I'm beginning to get very nervous!
(edited 8 years ago)
How are you all preparing for these tests?
Reply 54
I plan to read through a key stage 2 maths revision guide and make sure I feel confident I could answer questions.....not sure you really can prepare for the English?? What about you?
Yeah have done nothing for English but looked at BBC bitesize for maths
I take a small P7 numeracy intervention group at school so I have been doing topics that I do with the children - prime numbers, ratio, probability, time, place value. It's harder to know how to prepare for the Literacy tests. Been looking at grammar exercises, punctuation, comprehension, cloze tests etc. Have been working from the GL papers for this.
Reply 57
Hey guys! I have an interview for the 1st of feb, my friend did it last year and she said the English test is like an essay type question. I'm pretty nervous! Anybody know how many places they have?
Reply 58
I've heard roughly 30 places but last year they only took 24??!! I'm more worried about the interview bit than the test at the moment, scared they'll ask me something really specific about education that I don't know a lot about or something......
Reply 59
Really pleased you got an interview. I read that you have kids. I have a 9 year old myself and totally understand just how important getting in to coleraine is for you. I dread the thought of having to go away. It'll be tough enough as it is!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending