The Student Room Group

Coleraine pgce

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by cmca86
I've heard roughly 30 places but last year they only took 24??!! I'm more worried about the interview bit than the test at the moment, scared they'll ask me something really specific about education that I don't know a lot about or something......

As long as we revise those topics they say in the letter we should all be okay! I've heard they can be tough so if we all just be prepared for it. I hope they're nice 🙈
Reply 61
Hi guys just seeing this thread! Have an interview on the 3rd Feb also! Good luck to those who are in tomorrow, let us know how you get on! 👍🏻
Reply 62
Original post by akmc
Hi guys just seeing this thread! Have an interview on the 3rd Feb also! Good luck to those who are in tomorrow, let us know how you get on! 👍🏻

Hey! Good luck, I'm so scared. Don't know what to expect. I heard one year they asked a girl to make up a story on the spot. Have any of you heard anything similar? I was told also they change the essay questions every day so people can't tell each other! This is like a military operation 😂
Reply 63
Just came on to wish all those who have an interview this week good luck!! Hope you're not too stressed x
Hi everyone! Im getting really nervous now! I just know im never going to feel prepared enough. Ive never heard anything about making a story up on the spot!! That would be horrrible! Im so worried about the maths task...
Reply 65
Perhaps the making a story up on the spot was for the written task and it was probably just to check spelling & grammar etc!

Good luck everyone. It'll be over before we know it! 10 minutes will fly in for the formal interview. It'll probably only amount to 4/5 questions!
Reply 66
Does anyone here have an interview tomorrow? Mine is at 11 if anyone is after me I could help them!
Reply 67
Also I've heard the maths is just like p7 maths basically, my friend did it last year and she told me to learn long division, long multiplication and basically p7 maths. I wouldn't worry about it we will be able to do it ☺️
Reply 68
Yes, 2 min per question, 5 questions would realistically take you over the 10 min so I reckon it will be 4 questions max :-) anyone I've asked about the maths has assumed it would be key stage 2 level maths so fingers crossed!!
Reply 69
Original post by Crob1234
Does anyone here have an interview tomorrow? Mine is at 11 if anyone is after me I could help them!

I am also tomorrow @ 11am :redface: lol! Good luck :smile:
Reply 70
Yea Iv just heard the same about maths questions, you will be asked to write about a topic for the English but apparently not to stress too much about it, it's more to look at your grammar and spelling etc. A friend told me the questions in his interview were pretty basic, about how your degree relates to the PGCE and your previous experience etc! You'll be fine. Relax and be yourself! It will fly in, only 10mins!
All the best everyone, stay calm and try not to panic, let your passion for teaching shine through. Xoxo
Reply 72
Original post by sazcaz
I am also tomorrow @ 11am :redface: lol! Good luck :smile:

Oh wow! I will be seeing you there then! Good luck 😊 they must have like a panel of people interviewing then!
Good luck everyone with interviews this week! I still havent had any word either way...so losing some hope at this point :frown:
Reply 74
I know someone who is only doing her storytelling interview in the next couple of weeks, so if she gets through that then her 2nd interview is bound to be in March or April, and my 2nd interview isn't til March.....so fingers crossed bmcguiness you will get good news soon!
Reply 75
Well how did it go today? I'm sure you're all so relieved to have it over with :smile: any tricky or really specific questions? Was the maths KS2 level or harder? Hope you are all happy with how you got on x
applied for coleraine pgce this year and only found this feed today! i have my interview tomorrow for primary.. does anyone who has done their interview already have any advice? so nervous about it! good luck to everyone else :smile:
Reply 77
Did anyone else find that maths paper hard or was it just me?
Reply 78
Eek don't say that cc! Was it harder than ks2 level? I'm expecting prime numbers, long multiplication/division, finding area of shapes, reading bar graphs.....was it worse than that?! How many questions were you asked in your interview? Im expecting about 4 due to time limits? X
Reply 79
No they weren't any harder than ks2 but I felt they were designed to trip you up. I def messed mine up. Interview was fine. Engine also fine. I got asked 5 questions for interview x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending