The Student Room Group

Loughborough or Lancaster for Accounting & Finance?

what are the pros & cons for each? :smile:
bump
Original post by KSIOlajideBT
what are the pros & cons for each? :smile:

Hi KSIOlajideBT

Here are some stats and useful links about Loughborough:

We're a top 10 business school ranking highly in university league tables

You're 3rd year is spent in a salaried professional placement or you can study abroad

The course is approved by major professional accounting bodies in the UK (including ACCA, AIA, CIMA, CIPFA, ICAEW and ICAS.)

Average starting salaries of our graduates is £26,800

Have a look on this page and you'll be able to watch a video of one of our students talking about your course http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sbe/ug/business/afm/

The Business school is among the top 1% of business schools in the world to hold AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accreditation

We're on a huge single-site green campus and at 438 acres, we've got everything you need in one place

We're investing £100M in more facilities over the next 3 years and we've got the UK's largest concentration of worl-class sports facilities

I could go on, but you see where I'm coming from. It's a great place to live and study. However, in the past people have asked if it'll suit them and an it then comes to light they want city life not campus life, or really want to be near the sea for instance. So if you want big city life and the thought of London 24/7 culture really appeals to you, or you love being by the sea - then this really isn't the place for you.

I really do hope some current students come along and put in their first hand experiences of here and Lancaster.
In the meantime, if you need to know anything else, just ask :smile:

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending