The Student Room Group

Why haven't I heard back from unversities yet?

I applied to the following universities on the 14th of October to study Maths and have not heard anything.

-Oxford
-Imperial
-Surrey
-St.Andrews
-Edinburgh

A lot of my classmates have heard back already.
Universities have until May 2016 to give you a decision so you could be in for a long wait,sorry
Reply 2
They have thousands of applications to get through. Be patient.
Original post by AlmostNotable
I applied to the following universities on the 14th of October to study Maths and have not heard anything.

-Oxford
-Imperial
-Surrey
-St.Andrews
-Edinburgh

If you haven't yet heard from Oxford, you need to get in touch with them. The interviews are next week, so they have either rejected you and you don't know, or they have invited you for an interview and you don't know. You need to find out which one it is.
Original post by AlmostNotable

-Oxford
-Imperial
-Surrey
-St.Andrews
-Edinburgh

St Andrews seem to deal with applications in three waves; international; Scottish; and UK/rest of EU. It may well be March before you hear from them.

Did you sit the Maths aptitude test on 4th November for Oxford? See
https://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/study-here/undergraduate-study/maths-admissions-test
All the Unis you have applied to are highly competitive and will have thousands of application to wade through.
Most try to have at least read and ranked applications by Christmas, only then can they start making the main bulk of offers.

It is hard just waiting but you may have to wait until March/April for final decisions. Try to stop checking Track every day - it'll only add to your sense of frustration - and get down to some solid revision instead.

PS - IMPORTANT - check your spam/junk mail folders for emails. Uni send out auto-generated emails and these often get filtered away from your Inbox
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending