The Student Room Group

Gone Revising Goes On Forever

Now I shall recommence.

I did my first PL comp last June and I'll be competing in my first novice strongman comp in February.

My 6 year progress has been far from optimal, but things have been rocketing along over the last 7/8 months and I've been logging offline since September. Please see the below Excel sheet for all of my current rep PBs in many lifts and all of my workouts of the last 3 months.

The headlines as at now are:

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Played 1hr 40 minutes of 5-a-side in the rain. The guys who were due to use the pitch next no-showed and we just carried on.

Off from work to study this week, so making the most of it.

Yesterday I watched the Eddie Hall documentary, it was very enjoyable.
(edited 8 years ago)
18/12/2015

Bench, 112.5kg 1 120kg 1 125kg 1 PB
TNG Bench, 102.5kg 7
Back Squat, 180kg 1 190kg 1
Back Hold, 200kg 30 seconds
Front Hold, 200kg 10 seconds
Incline Bench, wu2 90kg 3
DB Flat Bench, wu2 38kg 8
Chest/Tris isolations
Nice PB.
Strong benching

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
In.
Original post by Smack
Nice PB.

Thank you very much.

It was a reasonably good press, enough that I knew that 127.5 was in the bag, so went straight for 130; nowhere near though lol.

Original post by Angry cucumber
Strong benching

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you

Original post by Slumpy
In.

I'll have to get my game on to give you something to read. :biggrin:
Cookie cutter.

Jk - mirin :yes:
19/12/2015

Beltless Deadlift, 160kg 1 170kg 1 180kg 1
3" Defecit Beltless Deadlift, 145kg 1 155kg 1
Pullups, uw 3 3 3 3
Pendlay Rows, 60kg 5 70kg 5 80kg 5 5
ss with Hack Squat, 6 6 6
Pulldown, short rest 12 12 12 12

Cable row ss with straight arm push down
Biceps

Today was the first time that I have trained hungover since the uni days; hence the triviality of the opening compounds. The pulldown onwards were done with shorter rest than normal and it was nice to feel a pump for once.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ByronicHero
Cookie cutter.

Jk - mirin :yes:

definition.PNG I'm afraid that I can't promise to maintain my sharp edges for cutting biscuit dough into a particular shape :wink:

Today would've had interesting strongman exercises, but I was in no fit state for it this morning lol
21/12/2015

Strict Press, 80kg 1 1 1
Bench Press, 112.5kg 2 2 2 2 2
ss with Beltless ATG Paused Squat, 100kg 2 2 2 2 2
Push Press, wu2 80kg 5 PB
Speed Shallow Incline DB, 28kg 8 8 8 8 8
Cable Press, 10 10 10 10 10
Isolations: shoulders, chest, tris
(edited 8 years ago)
Any plans for more PL comps? What's your BW at?
What's your best strict OHP?
Original post by Appeal to reason
Any plans for more PL comps? What's your BW at?

I had hoped to compete in the West Mids the weekend before last, but instead I unfortunately failed one of my accountancy exams and had the resit the next day.

I'm 102kg, so not competitive [yet :wink: ], but that's not the kind of thing to put me off. I'd be definitely posting a higher total than last time which is what counts.

Have you any comps planned?

Original post by Smack
What's your best strict OHP?

82.5kg last week. It was nice and smooth, which lead me to tell myself that 85kg would be there today. My warm-up told me otherwise though and the first 80kg was slow, so I decided to get a few in.

What about yourself?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Gone Revising II
What about yourself?

Done 82.5 in the summer for a new 1 RM.
Original post by Smack
Done 82.5 in the summer for a new 1 RM.

Oh its on!!!!!!! :wink:
22/12/2015

Front Squat, 120kg 3 3 PB
High Pull, wu2 70kg 4
Beltless Deadlift Hold, 155kg 30 seconds

The high pulls are a new excercise, I'm giving them a go as I think that they may transfer well to my axle clean.

The deadlift hold is also new, and was pretty easy. I chose the weight as it is 1.5x bodyweight, but will definitely do more next time. This was mixed grip, and I'm not certain that it would be wise for my underhand to progress this. I will likely buy some straps, then alternate between strapped and double overhand.
Original post by Gone Revising II
I had hoped to compete in the West Mids the weekend before last, but instead I decided to fail one of my accountancy exams and had the resit the next day.

I'm 102kg, so not competitive [yet :wink: ], but that's not the kind of thing to put me off. I'd be definitely posting a higher total than last time which is what counts.

Have you any comps planned?

Sucks about the exam, hope the resit went well.

If you're progressing, that's all that counts.

Got my eye on a couple in March/April (Northern Seniors in March, BUCS in April), but it very much depends on how my wrist recovers over the next 3 months or so. I'd really been hoping to be back to normal by now. At least I can now get away with push ups - I think from here its more a matter of not undoing the recovery.
Doing a one off Christmas eve training session with my cousin tomorrow morning, so expect a chaotic mess of a workout with even more emphasis on singles than normal (if that's possible).

I'm currently still a bit hungover from last night (getting old, its my 25th on Saturday).
24/12/2015

Pause Squat, wu2 180kg 1
Bench, wu2 120kg 1 100kg 6
2" Deficit Deadlift, wu2 180kg 2 PB
Strict Press, 80kg 1 1
Pullups, uw 4 4
DB Incline, 30kg 6 34kg 6 42kg 6
BI/tri supersets

Nothing all that significant today, the pause squat was an equal pb and the defecit was a pb by virtue of never having tried to deadlift so much from a deficit, higher than my usual deficit though. Happy with the pullups and incline though.

Quick Reply

Latest