The Student Room Group

The Anime Society Thread 6

Scroll to see replies

I don't comment here much, but when I do it's for good reason. And that good reason is Konosuba. Funniest **** I've watched in a while. That's all I have to say.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
I don't comment here much, but when I do it's for good reason. And that good reason is Konosuba. Funniest **** I've watched in a while. That's all I have to say.

Nice going! I will remember the name - or come back, if I forget. Funny animes are always welcome to me.
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic

It is brilliant, I agree. I'm very much looking forward to series 3 later this year!
Akira Toriyama has passed away at the age of 68.

Toriyama , for those who don't know, is the creator of Dragon Ball and arguably 1 of the best shounen Mangaka around. Honestly, DragonBall Z for me and quite a few millenials / early gen Z was an iconic anime and helped lay the groundwork for wider anime recognition in the west. From a personal note, it helped me build so many friendships and helped me survive primary and high school.
To date, the original Funimation dub of Goku's Super Saiyan transformation remains 1 of the most iconic moments in anime (and is actually 1 of my profile pics on this site). Arigato Toriyama sensei, may you rest on a bird mountain.

Original post by AngryJellyfish

Welcome to the main Anime Society thread! This where anything and everything related to any anime or manga series can be discussed. Come here to give or receive anime recommendations, ask questions, or simply tell us what you're currently watching.
To join the society officially, click here! And if you know of any anime-related threads or are thinking of making your own, feel free to add them as associated threads.
Just a couple of rules we'd appreciate if you kept to:
Please keep all spoilers in spoiler tags!
Links to unlicensed streaming/download sites are against TSR rules. :sadnod: Linking to legal sources such as Crunchyroll is fine though.
Hey guys, Im super late to this, but better late than never right?

Spoiler

My absolute fave anime would have to be attack on titan, for multiple reasons, but mainly because its just so well written. Ive reawatched it 7 times and am currently rewatching it at two different points with my cousin and also my little brother.

Just thought Id add a little watched anime list too so its obvious what ive watched all the way though, or most the way through. Just beware, some of them are from when I was younger so I dont remember much at all. Also some that I have started but am not currently activly watching.

Spoiler

Thank you for putting up with this long reply :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Tatakae L
Hey guys, Im super late to this, but better late than never right?

Spoiler

My absolute fave anime would have to be attack on titan, for multiple reasons, but mainly because its just so well written. Ive reawatched it 7 times and am currently rewatching it at two different points with my cousin and also my little brother.
Just thought Id add a little watched anime list too so its obvious what ive watched all the way though, or most the way through. Just beware, some of them are from when I was younger so I dont remember much at all. Also some that I have started but am not currently activly watching.

Spoiler

Thank you for putting up with this long reply :smile:

Welcome again! :biggrin: A Sign of Affection is one of my favourite currently airing series too, and Monster is a masterpiece, even if it's a little slow to get going.
Welcome again! :biggrin: A Sign of Affection is one of my favourite currently airing series too, and Monster is a masterpiece, even if it's a little slow to get going.
A sign of affection is genuninly the cutest thing ever, and every episode has me smiling like crazy. If you have any other recs simular to a sign of affection, do tell bc its one of the sweetest things i have ever watched.

And yes I think i need to stop neglecting monster because I have heard so much good things about it but Ive just been putting it off for a while, and its not even that long so I can probably finish it in the six week holidays depending on ucat exams and stuff. Hopefully lol.
@Tatakae L

I did not realized you here as a newbie. to be fair I was offline the days before. I see that you like the Anime Monster.

Oh, and before I forget it: thank you for everything, Akira Toriyama! Dragon Ball coined me, have a good and restful peace. You died too soon.

:rip:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Kallisto
@Tatakae L
I did not realized you here as a newbie. to be fair I was offline the days before. I see that you like the Anime Monster.
Oh, and before I forget it: thank you for everything, Akira Toriyama! Dragon Ball coined me, have a good and restful peace. You died too soon.
:rip:
Oh hi, haha yeah I am. tbf I should have joined sooner, but I didnt know it exiseted. And yeah monster is cool but I think im still on the kind of build up parts rn
Hello, I posted a question about identifying an anime, if anyone could help that would be awesome :smile:
can you help plsplspls
My Spring 2024 anime preview thread is live :blow:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7455087

[EDIT] No it isn't. :moon: Bear with me...
(edited 1 month ago)
My Spring 2024 anime preview thread is live :blow:
[EDIT] No it isn't. :moon: Bear with me...

Fixed :blow:

(edited 1 month ago)
@quasa and @AngryJellyfish did you learnt that an anime film was awarded with an Oscar again? just the second one after 'Spirited Away' 21 years ago.
@Tatakae L What was the oldest anime you have watched? when you have begun to watch anime anyway?
@quasa and @AngryJellyfish did you learnt that an anime film was awarded with an Oscar again? just the second one after 'Spirited Away' 21 years ago.

I forgot to reply to this! :redface: I watched The Boy and the Heron just last weekend at the cinema, very pretty, but a bit too weird and difficult to follow story-wise for me.

I'm glad to see another anime film get an Oscar though - hopefully one day we'll see a studio other than Ghibli and a director other than Hayao Miyazaki get that honour, as I'm aware there aren't many names from anime even close to being as well known in the western world as those two.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
@Tatakae L What was the oldest anime you have watched? when you have begun to watch anime anyway?

The oldest I have watched Im not entirely sure, because some of them I havent noted down becasue I used to watch them on CD recordings that my cousins had or like my uncles so I never knew what they were called because I was young and never asked.

But watching anime I have done since a kid, but watching it properly like enjoying it and not ebcause its the only thing on telly would have to be year 8 lockdown when I started banana fish and then wated a bunch of other animes all in lockdown.

Hbu for both of those questions, and also what would your fave anime be?
Original post by Tatakae L
(...)

Hbu for both of those questions, and also what would your fave anime be?

Baccano!, Hellsing or Monster, one of these three. The oldest anime I know is Attack No. 1, released 1969 in Japan, but decades later in European television. Perhaps I begin to watch Spy x Family.
Baccano!, Hellsing or Monster, one of these three. The oldest anime I know is Attack No. 1, released 1969 in Japan, but decades later in European television. Perhaps I begin to watch Spy x Family.

After ramadan and mocks Im going to finsih monster because it genuninyl isnt even that long and ive heard so many good things about it, so yeah.
@AngryJellyfish Just to let you know that I finally begin to watch Spy x Family after years. And the first episode was so good that I decide to try the next one.
It's April, and the new spring anime are starting! :yay: I've posted my thoughts on the new Spice and Wolf reboot in the preview thread, where I'll be covering a new series *hopefully* daily, at least until my list is full.

@AngryJellyfish Just to let you know that I finally begin to watch Spy x Family after years. And the first episode was so good that I decide to try the next one.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! :biggrin:
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest