The Student Room Group

Spring 2024 Anime Preview

Spring is fast approaching, and with it comes a ton of new anime series~ Honestly, this upcoming season is packed full of big name sequels, and a lot of the new shows have me interested as well! Here's what's in store, along with my brief thoughts on each - and don't forget to share your thoughts on them in this thread as well!

(These series are all due to start airing between late March and early May, with most kicking off in the first two weeks of April. If you're looking for something to watch between now and then, maybe check last season's preview thread for some ideas!)
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Astro Note

Bartender: Kami no Glass (Bartender: Glass of God)

Blue Archive the Animation

Boku no Hero Academia 7 (My Hero Academia 7)

Boukyaku Battery (Oblivion Battery)

Date A Live V

Dekisokonai to Yobareta Motoeiyuu wa Jikka kara Tsuihou sareta node Sukikatte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita (The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases)

Girls Band Cry

Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai (A Condition Called Love)

Henjin no Salad Bowl (Salad Bowl of Eccentrics)

Hibike! Euphonium 3 (Sound! Euphonium 3)

Highspeed Etoile

Himitsu no AiPri

Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru (Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again)

Jantama Kan!! (Mahjong Soul Kan!!)

Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi (Mysterious Disappearances)

Kaijuu 8-gou (Kaiju No. 8)

Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. (Gods' Game We Play)

Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai (The Crow Does Not Choose the Lord)

Kenka Dokugaku (Viral Hit)

Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc)

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 (KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! 3)

Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen (Black Butler: Public School Arc)

Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life (Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers)

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season (The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3)

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Part 2 (The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Part 2)

Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? (An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride)

Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Season 2 Part 2)

One Room, Hiatari Futsuu, Tenshi-tsuki. (Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included)

Ooi! Tonbo

(edited 1 month ago)

Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf (Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf)

Re:Monster

Rinkai!

Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac - Battle Sanctuary Part 2

Sand Land: The Series

Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau (Whisper Me a Love Song)

Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote (The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio)

Sentai Daishikkaku (Go! Go! Loser Ranger!)

Shadowverse Flame: Arc-hen

Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid 3rd Season (The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3)

Shinkalion: Change the World

Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? (Train to the End of the World)

Tadaima, Okaeri

Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru (As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World)

Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu (I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince so I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability)

Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3)

The Fable

The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors

The New Gate

Tonari no Youkai-san

Touken Ranbu Kai: Kyoden Moyuru Honnouji

Unnamed Memory

Vampire Dormitory

Wind Breaker

Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai (Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night)

Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen (Mission: Yozakura Family)

Yuru Camp△ Season 3 (Laid-Back Camp Season 3)

-

All the info has been sourced from AniChart, AniDB, YouTube and MAL. If you think I've missed any upcoming full-length TV anime off this list, let me know and I'll look into them. :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Watching:

Spice and Wolf: merchant meets the wise wolf
Yuru Camp△ S3
The Fable
Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai
Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku?
Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid S3
Sentai Daishikkaku
Hibike! Euphonium 3
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3
Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi
Kaijuu 8-gou
Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen

Dropped:

Dekisokonai to Yobareta Moto Eiyuu wa, Jikka Kara Tsuihousareta Node Suki Katte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita
Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru.
Highspeed Etoile
(edited 1 week ago)
Replaced the trailer for the new Spice & Wolf anime with an English subbed one from Crunchyroll.

Replaced the trailer for Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote (The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio) with an English subbed one from Crunchyroll.

@AngryJellyfish any animes you feel anticipations so far?

@Tatakae L AJ introduces the newest animes in 2024 here, you could be interest in.
Original post by Kallisto
@Tatakae L AJ introduces the newest animes in 2024 here, you could be interest in.
Thank you so much, you are honestly a star. After ramadan and mocks, I'll be sure to check some out!
Original post by Kallisto

I've made a list in post #4 of this thread! Short answer though, apart from all the sequels and reboots, Sentai Daishikkaku and Kaijuu 8-gou have me the most excited. :yes:
Replaced the trailer for Kenka Dokugaku (Viral Hit) with an English subbed one from Crunchyroll.

Replaced the trailer for Konosuba S3 with an English subbed one from Crunchyroll.

Updated trailer for Dekisokonai to Yobareta Motoeiyuu wa Jikka kara Tsuihou sareta node Sukikatte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita (The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases).

English trailer added for the new Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer) series, via Aniplex USA

I just wanted to say that the effort you put into your threds is impecable. <3
Original post by Tatakae L
I just wanted to say that the effort you put into your threds is impecable. <3

Thank you! :biggrin:
English trailer added for Boukyaku Battery (Oblivion Battery).

It begins~

Ookami to Koushinryou: merchant meets the wise wolf (Spice and Wolf: merchant meets the wise wolf)

Kraft Lawrence is a travelling merchant in a medieval fantasy world. One day, his trade route takes him through the village of Pasloe, during their harvest festival. Though the area has long worshipped a pagan wolf deity named Holo, who supposedly watches over their wheat harvest each year, few still believe in her due to the spread of monotheistic Church teachings and advances in farming technology. Nowadays, the festival is just an excuse for a party. And so, the very real wolf spirit Holo, feeling no longer needed, sneaks into Lawrence's wagon and hitches a ride out of the village! After revealing herself to him, she asks him to take her back to her homeland in the distant north.

It was just over 16 years ago when I first learned that anime series came out in quarterly batches, after Caraniel posted TSR's first season preview, and inspired me to keep making them to this day. I bring it up now because winter 2008 was when the first Spice and Wolf anime came out, so this title has always held a nostalgic place in my heart. Anyway, the new reboot is off to a fine start - I loved the little prologue, and actually teared up when Lawrence first came face to face with Holo! The music from Kevin Penkin is sublime, as expected. The only minor downside was the clunky 3D animation, most noticeable in Lawrence's horse, but I've seen worse. What a start to the season!

Official Crunchyroll link: https://www.crunchyroll.com/series/G1XHJV08M/spice-and-wolf-merchant-meets-the-wise-wolf
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Ooooo Spice and Wolf is something I never thought would get another season.
Nothing else on my want to watch list has aired yet, so it's already time to look at a series that didn't make the cut - will its first episode change my mind?

Dekisokonai to Yobareta Moto Eiyuu wa, Jikka Kara Tsuihousareta Node Suki Katte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita (The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases)

(Note that although the first two episodes are out, I'm basing this post on the first episode alone. Like hell am I watching any more!)

A powerful former hero is reincarnated as the first son of a duke. Despite retaining all memories and abilities from his past life, Alan feigns being weak and powerless, eventually being disowned by his family... which is exactly what he wants, a second life free from responsibilities! But within minutes of setting off, Alan encounters a princess he barely knows, who is being attacked by monsters, and is shouting his name for reasons even she doesn't fully understand. Forced to show off both his powerful battle magic to save her, and his equally OP healing magic to treat her guard's wounds, his dreams of an easy life may still be a long way from coming true.

It's no secret that I hate main characters who are reincarnated as generic and over-powered self-insert hero harem leads, so I wasn't enthusiastic from the start (though the lack of isekai was a small point in its favour). Still, nothing could have prepared me for the sheer level of trash that I was about to experience. Terrible writing, vague plot, dull and uninspired characters, and very cheap, choppy animation (which did give me a few unintentional laughs). If you do like these reincarnation shows, trust me and pick one of the many others airing this season, I'd struggle to imagine them being worse than this.

Official Crunchyroll link, for those who still aren't put off: https://www.crunchyroll.com/series/G4PH0WJPN/the-banished-former-hero-lives-as-he-pleases

Quick Reply

Latest