The Student Room Group

Law Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChairmanMeow1601
How did you get an ABB offer for law at Durham?? That sounds amazing!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham runs a programme for students in the north east where if you complete an assessed summer school and some other stuff, they give you a lowered guaranteed offer (plus a £5,500 p/year bursary if you firm it).

Standard is that they lower the offer by a grade to AAA, or 2 grades if they like you to AAB, however, I and a few of the people I was with must've pulled something spectacular out of the bag that week because we ended up with ABB offers! I couldn't believe it!! ☺️
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you 😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmamelville
I haven't heard from Oxford and I applied a while ago. Hmm. :frown:

Oxford and all other LNAT unis only got results on the 21st of October, so would only start looking then.
Original post by ChairmanMeow1601
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you 😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Good luck to you too I hope you get to go to the uni you want 😊
Has any international applicants heard from Nottingham yet? Getting worried because everyone else seems to be getting offers 😞
Original post by shadowspectre22
Has any international applicants heard from Nottingham yet? Getting worried because everyone else seems to be getting offers 😞

Hey there! I'm an international applicant (though applying from a boarding school in the UK), and got an IB offer two days ago.
Just got my first offer from Liverpool for Law. Yet to hear from Oxford, Durham, Queens or Bristol. Really regret picking so many LNAT unis now…
Original post by pdhabana
Just got my first offer from Liverpool for Law. Yet to hear from Oxford, Durham, Queens or Bristol. Really regret picking so many LNAT unis now…

When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 548

Congratulations on your offer! I applied to Liverpool as well but I haven't heard back yet. I'm trying not to worry haha.
I'm gonna do my LNAT in late November, rather late I know... but isn't the deadline in January so I'm sure there wouldn't be much of a disadvantage.
Original post by Obiejess
When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

14 October
14 October

:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my Nottingham offer!!!!:biggrin: A*AA conditional
Now waiting on Oxford, UCL, Bristol and Exeter
I... am really regretting applying to Warwick over Nottingham right now, seeing as I did it purely on the belief that Warwick would send out offers first....
Original post by thirdcultureteen
I think it's worth trying!

If you don't mind me asking, when did you hear from UCL? I thought that they weren't considering applicants till 1 Nov because another user reported Portico saying that that's when they will receive our LNAT scores.

The LNAT scores were released on the 21st October for those who sat it on or before the 20th.
Original post by OddFuturez
I'm gonna do my LNAT in late November, rather late I know... but isn't the deadline in January so I'm sure there wouldn't be much of a disadvantage.

15 January 2017: Register and book your LNAT test slot

15 January 2017: UCAS deadline

20 January 2017: Sit the LNAT before or on 20 January 2017

This is for Home/UK applicants - those paying Overseas fees have deadlines in June.

Make sure you adhere to these deadlines - no University requiring LNAT will have any sympathy for you if you leave it to the last minute - and can't find a space to sit the test.
Original post by roarchika
I... am really regretting applying to Warwick over Nottingham right now, seeing as I did it purely on the belief that Warwick would send out offers first....

That has to one of the silliest reasons for choosing a Uni that I've ever heard.
Sent my application off a week ago today to Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester, Man Met and Exeter. Any idea how long these places take to reply? I've been acknowledged like
Original post by GeorgeB16
Sent my application off a week ago today to Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester, Man Met and Exeter. Any idea how long these places take to reply? I've been acknowledged like

I got my Liverpool offer 15 days after applying, 13 after my acknowledgement.
Original post by CatusStarbright
I got my Liverpool offer 15 days after applying, 13 after my acknowledgement.

Thank you for the reply! I hope I get mine in a similar sort of time frame. I'm hoping to make Liverpool my insurance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending