The Student Room Group

Law Hopefuls 2017

I saw the Medicine 2017 thread and thought why not start a Law one! This Thread is for all those hoping to study Law(or considering it) next year. You can use this thread to discuss A Levels, Law related work experience, open days and anything else!

Scroll to see replies

I'm hoping to study law in 2017 , what subjects are you taking?
Original post by StressedByDay
I'm hoping to study law in 2017 , what subjects are you taking?

English Literature
Biology
Latin
Psychology

You?
Original post by teenhorrorstory
English Literature
Biology
Latin
Psychology

You?

I'm doing Biology , English Lit, Class Civ and History lol
Finally! I've been looking for a thread like this :biggrin:
what universities have you been looking at?
Original post by Bibliophile101
Finally! I've been looking for a thread like this :biggrin:
what universities have you been looking at?

Cambridge,UCL,KCL,LSE,Durham,Bristol,Nottingham..

These are the universities I'd like to apply to if I get the results that I want this year

You?
Buuumppp

Anyone applied/thinking of applying to the UNIQ summer school for Law?
Cambridge,UCL,KCL,LSE,Durham,Bristol,Nottingham..

These are the universities I'd like to apply to if I get the results that I want this year

You?

I think Bristol is my dream university for law at the moment, I also really like kings college but as you said all depending on whether I get the grades or not :tongue:
Thinking about applying for Law this October at Oxford, Reading, Kent and 2 more that I havent decided yet. I got AAA M2 in my a levels last year, but withdrew to take a gap year. Still unsure if I should do one a level next year and get an A* to boost my chances at Oxford, and potentially open up the possibility of applying to KCL and UCL. I applied to Camb in 2014 for 2015 entry and was pooled, so sorta used to the interview process etc
Hi guys! I'm applying for Law this October.
I'm thinking of applying to Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL and Cardiff...
Are these unrealistic choices for me?
Hi guys I'm thinking of doing law in 2017 too.

I'm doing A Levels:
Maths
Further Maths
Economics
History
General Studies

Hoping to apply to either: Cambridge, Nottingham, Durham, LSE and Kent
Can you guys post your GCSE grades and your predicted AS grades/UMS please?
Just to get an idea of the required standard...
Thanks!
Original post by Bibliophile101
I think Bristol is my dream university for law at the moment, I also really like kings college but as you said all depending on whether I get the grades or not :tongue:

I'm really interested in the Law,Politics and Philosophy course at Kings! Seems very interesting and a great combo

Original post by academia153
Hi guys! I'm applying for Law this October.
I'm thinking of applying to Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL and Cardiff...
Are these unrealistic choices for me?

Can you guys post your GCSE grades and your predicted AS grades/UMS please?
Just to get an idea of the required standard...
Thanks!

6 A*s,5 As,1 B and 1 C.
Predicted 4 As at AS
I'm really interested in the Law,Politics and Philosophy course at Kings! Seems very interesting and a great combo

6 A*s,5 As,1 B and 1 C.
Predicted 4 As at AS

Ah! Very impressive! Good luck with your AS exams too! If you don't mind me asking, are do you go to a state or independent school?
What extracurriculars have you guys been taking part in?
I'm worried I don't have enough that are relevant to Law!
My only ones sort of relevant are Debate society and I'm part of the Pathways to Law programme. I've applied for the UNIQ summer school and will be applying for the Sutton trust one also. Hopefully I'll be doing some work experience in a law firm in the next few months
Ah! Very impressive! Good luck with your AS exams too! If you don't mind me asking, are do you go to a state or independent school?

I go to a crap state school lol.
You?
What extracurriculars have you guys been taking part in?
I'm worried I don't have enough that are relevant to Law!
My only ones sort of relevant are Debate society and I'm part of the Pathways to Law programme. I've applied for the UNIQ summer school and will be applying for the Sutton trust one also. Hopefully I'll be doing some work experience in a law firm in the next few months

I have only done one work experience at my local magistrate's court, but I hope to do more in the summer. I do debating (and will be participating in the Cambridge Union Schools' Debating Competition), but sadly I am ineligible for UNIQ as I now go to a private school...
I go to a crap state school lol.
You?

Until GCSE I went to a mediocre state school, but now I am at a private school, not because I am rich, but because I was offered a scholarship.
When are you guys going to start preparing for the LNAT? It seems daunting...
When are you guys going to start preparing for the LNAT? It seems daunting...

I was hoping that my school would be able to help me out with it because it seems that a lot of people apply to do medicine, law etc so they are quite familiar with admissions tests

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending