The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2016 Postgraduate Application/Offer Thread

Hello all,

I noticed that there was a thread for 2016 applicants to LSE already, but most of the posters seemed to be prospective undergraduate students.

Since its now January and the first offers are due to come out quite soon, feel free to post the postgrad offers you have received or are waiting on, and if you would like, your profile!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShiddyDeltaHej
Hello all,

I noticed that there was a thread for 2016 applicants to LSE already, but most of the posters seemed to be prospective undergraduate students.

Since its now January and the first offers are due to come out quite soon, feel free to post the postgrad offers you have received or are waiting on, and if you would like, your profile!

No offers today it seems. When did you apply and for what course?

Hope they start replying this week.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I applied for the MSc Finance and received a email a few days before Christmas saying that "I have been recommended for an offer". I hope this means that I have a good chance at receiving an actual offer soon...
I applied for the MSc Finance and received a email a few days before Christmas saying that "I have been recommended for an offer". I hope this means that I have a good chance at receiving an actual offer soon...

Oh congrats. I've never heard of it changing to that. I've had no reply at all since November.
Original post by PostGrad221
Oh congrats. I've never heard of it changing to that. I've had no reply at all since November.

What program did you apply for? I think its only a few departments that send out such an email notification, ie. management, finance, etc
What program did you apply for? I think its only a few departments that send out such an email notification, ie. management, finance, etc

Department of Government. Looking at the previous years threads they seem to always take the longest to reply :colonhash:
Department of Government. Looking at the previous years threads they seem to always take the longest to reply :colonhash:

Ya, I think the government, IR, and acc+fin courses have the longest wait time. Hopefully the school will start sending out offers by the usual date in the second week of January.
Reply 7
Is anyone on the waiting list? :frown: *mixed feelings*
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Hey all,

I originally intended on taking a year out after graduation and then applying for the MSc International Relations, however due to changing circumstances I am considering applying for 2016 entry... do people think an application sent before the 20th of January is far too late? I have mixed feelings about 'rolling admission' definitions as other institutions appear to hold off some places until later..

Hey ShiddyDeltaHej, I have received a similar email on the first week of December last year. Applied for the MSc Finance too... Still waiting for an official offer!
Reply 10
Afternoon

When did everyone submit their application? My final reference came through on 22 December but I still haven't received my LSE ID number yet - should do within the next few days. I'm applying for the MSc Economic History (Research)

ta,
tom
Hi all,

I got an offer for an MsC in EU politics yesterday. I submitted my application on the 23rd of October.
Reply 12

Damn.... I applied for the MSc Public Policy and Administration
Reply 13
Ya, I think the government, IR, and acc+fin courses have the longest wait time. Hopefully the school will start sending out offers by the usual date in the second week of January.

I applied late November, last recommendation came in early december. Based on former experience I think my offer/rejection will come by mid/end of february.
Applicants from october/november might get/got offer short before christmas and will in january.

It really takes a lot - all in all about 3 months.
Reply 14
Original post by Chark
Hey all,

I originally intended on taking a year out after graduation and then applying for the MSc International Relations, however due to changing circumstances I am considering applying for 2016 entry... do people think an application sent before the 20th of January is far too late? I have mixed feelings about 'rolling admission' definitions as other institutions appear to hold off some places until later..

No it is definitely not too late. I know people who applied far later (up till April/May) and got an offer very quickly. If you want to do the course do apply! That being said waiting too long is not a good idea.
Reply 15
Hi guys! When did you apply for the Msc finance? Which date was your last recommendation letter recieve by the school? I have applied to the Msc finance too, but i havent heard back from LSE :/
Hey guys! Did anyone get any notifications on Management related programmes? I have applied at the beginning of November and haven't heard back since.
Reply 17
Original post by Sc609
Hi guys! When did you apply for the Msc finance? Which date was your last recommendation letter recieve by the school? I have applied to the Msc finance too, but i havent heard back from LSE :/

You should receive a confirmation mail for every recommendation submitted. After that it took me about 2 weeks to receive my LSE-ID. When you get you LSE ID the real waiting begins, it takes aprox. 6-10 weeks from that point on to review your application.
Hi all, how does funding work for Research Masters (coded: MSc (Research)) and how likely is one to receive ESRC funding? There seems to only be 2 places available in the Masters I am applying to - if I were to get in, would that give me a good chance at funding or...? Thanks!
Reply 19
Hey, guys! Has anyone here applied for the Real Estate Economics and Finance? I have got ID in early November, no notifications since then and the status stays in "under consideration by department" like forever. It is now more than 9 weeks from then. Am I rejected? Suspense is killllling!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending