The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Conditional Offer to QMUL?! Current QMUL please reply!

So I'm predicted ABB at the end of A level, however QMUL offered me a place on the condition I get AAB?! I honestly don't know if I can do this, butobviously I'll give it my very best.
I wanted to ask current QMUL students if they still got accept if they didn’t get exactly what they asked for i.e. ABB instead of AAB.
Same situation here, kinda. Obviously there is some leniency, but I'm scared to trust it. Have you decided your firm/insurance choices? I assume your insurance choice wants ABB? The one I'm pretty sure I'm putting as my insurance does, so you can still put QMUL as your first.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Hey!
Though those are the grades, there is some leniency. Personally, I didn't get the grades and still got in, but remember your personal statement and interview performance also count!
Just try your best in all your exams and do the best you can. If they offered you the place, that's a usually a good sign!
Hope this helps! -Sarah
Reply 3
You've really helped! I just really wanted to know of someone still got in without getting the exact grades, I know there are other factors involved but it is reassuring that there is someone who got in without getting the exact requirements!

So thank you!! X

QUOTE=Queen Mary University of London;62953735]Hey!
Though those are the grades, there is some leniency. Personally, I didn't get the grades and still got in, but remember your personal statement and interview performance also count!
Just try your best in all your exams and do the best you can. If they offered you the place, that's a usually a good sign!
Hope this helps! -Sarah
Reply 4
Hiya! I've not decided my insurance yet, but QMUL is defo my firm choice. All my other uni offers are asking for ABB so I may choice Goldsmiths as my insurance I'm not sure? Have you chosen yours yet?

Original post by MelTranfield
Same situation here, kinda. Obviously there is some leniency, but I'm scared to trust it. Have you decided your firm/insurance choices? I assume your insurance choice wants ABB? The one I'm pretty sure I'm putting as my insurance does, so you can still put QMUL as your first.
Original post by KM971105
Hiya! I've not decided my insurance yet, but QMUL is defo my firm choice. All my other uni offers are asking for ABB so I may choice Goldsmiths as my insurance I'm not sure? Have you chosen yours yet?

Not yet ... I actually haven't got all my offers back :/ so I can't pick, but in your position I'd pick an ABB or less as insurance :smile:
Reply 6
Don't worry about not getting your offers yet, you may have applied at a busy time or they are reviewing your application in more detail too see if they want to give you lower requirements or a unconditional offer!

Original post by MelTranfield
Not yet ... I actually haven't got all my offers back :/ so I can't pick, but in your position I'd pick an ABB or less as insurance :smile:
hello I recently got offered a place at QMUL .the offer given to me was A AB but my predicted was only BBC ,firstly im wondering why they gave me an offer and secondly are these the actual requirements for me to get in considering my predicted was BBC.
Original post by Yusuf Hussain
hello I recently got offered a place at QMUL .the offer given to me was A AB but my predicted was only BBC ,firstly im wondering why they gave me an offer and secondly are these the actual requirements for me to get in considering my predicted was BBC.

Hello @Yusuf Hussain,

We're not really sure! But congrats on getting an offer! Your individual grade requirements are included in your offer and might not necessarily match the entry requirements of the programme as Queen Mary takes the entirety of your UCAS application into account. If you're still confused by your offer, it may be a good idea to get in touch with our admissions department to clarify things. You can reach them using the following contact details: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/contact/!

Hope this helps!

Matthew
QMUL Ambassador and TSR Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending