The Student Room Group

Are your interviewers often your supervisors?

Hi, I am just posting this out of curiosity.
I currently hold a maths offer for Trinity College, Cambridge, (international student) and I was wondering if the interviewers tend to be the supervisors for maths at Trinity. I have a friend who goes to Oxford who told me that his current tutors were his interviewers, and I was wondering if the same holds for Cambridge.

Thank you in advance!
Original post by Hiiamint
Hi, I am just posting this out of curiosity.
I currently hold a maths offer for Trinity College, Cambridge, (international student) and I was wondering if the interviewers tend to be the supervisors for maths at Trinity. I have a friend who goes to Oxford who told me that his current tutors were his interviewers, and I was wondering if the same holds for Cambridge.

Thank you in advance!

Not necessarily.

There're some variations depending upon your subject and minor details may change from year to year, but as a general picture.....
All the supervisions during the first year are arranged by your DoS and it's more likely DoS/fellows of your college will be your supervisors, but will depend on your course and how many available DoS/fellows your college has in your subject.
And from the second year onwards who supervise you will depend on which Tripo papers you choose to take. You usually sign up for a supervisor/s of your choice and it'll be up to them to decide if they take you or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending