The Student Room Group

Help please.

Hi all. I have applied for paramedic science courses and have some anxieties about a week in Salt Lake City I have booked between 29th September and 7th October. While in Salt Lake City I will be attending general conference which is a milestone for me being a new member of the LDS church. Will this trip hinder my chances of getting onto a university course? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Becca19962009
Hi all. I have applied for paramedic science courses and have some anxieties about a week in Salt Lake City I have booked between 29th September and 7th October. While in Salt Lake City I will be attending general conference which is a milestone for me being a new member of the LDS church. Will this trip hinder my chances of getting onto a university course? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there. I saw this on an unanswered forum board and thought I may be able to help.

It is unlikely this would be considered when you're applying for a course as that is more about your qualifications, skills and attributes for the career rather than a 1 week trip, however, you should be aware that you are probably taking time off within the first two or three weeks of your university course starting. Once you have a place on a course, I would advise calling/emailing a program leader or course tutor (you will possibly meet them if you attend a visit day at a university). You should discuss this absence with them, and put into motion some thoughts about missed coursework or lectures/tutorials.

Your absence may have to be authorised once you start the course (for example at QMU, we have a 'sign-in' program where students swipe their card upon entering a lecture, anyone with an authorised absence wouldn't be marked absent on that day). It is something to consider closer to your start date perhaps, but keep it in mind to make sure you don't miss anything.
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest