The Student Room Group

I WILL NOT GIVE UP - AAAA (Maths, FM, Physics, Chem)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Probability A; the lectures seem to consist of brutalising easy problems with lots of set notation and convoluted methods.

nice
Loads probability and loads of pure
I hope you are enjoying Warwick
My 9am lecture tomorrow is generally useless, so if I am not well rested enough I can sleep till 11:30 if needs be..

Same. In all probability, I'm going to deregister for the module.
This looks great- your Grand Plan is very detailed, which is always a good start :smile:

(Aiming for 85%+ in further maths - I had to force my way into doing it because my school doesn't teach it. With only a few hours a week worth of further maths lessons if I achieve this I’d be so proud of myself! )

I love how dedicated you are that you forced your school to do this!! Good for you :h: you're going to smash this, I can already tell!
Chemistry: Trying to get the rest of my chemistry homework done currently, whilst typing up notes for it.

Physics: Later I plan to go over progressive and stationary waves and typing up some of my own notes for it.
Update: I haven't had time will plan to do later today.

Further Maths: Tomorrow I will do all the questions in my FP1 book on alpha and beta, complex numbers, matrices and trigonometry.
(edited 8 years ago)
02:46
Progress Update: homework completed plus revision notes made
Physical - 3.1.7 Oxidation, reduction and redox equations topic done and dusted
Inorganic - 3.2.2 Group 2, the alkaline earth metals topic revised and made notes

It was 6 hours since i last posted what i wanted to do today or should i say yesterday. I take far too long!!!

Note to self: stop taking long breaks in between
(edited 8 years ago)
Such an amazing ambition and mindset, you will go far, I'll be reading you here.
Preparing for the Cambridge shadowing scheme tomorrow :smile: A kind of valid excuse for the next few days to do no work.
But I will be bringing some further reading to do on the train and possibly whilst I am in Cambridge!!!

Stuff Matters by Mark Miodownik - brilliant so far, need to finish it
Seven Brief Lessons on Physics by Carlo Rovelli - light reading to do whilst in Cambridge
The Unknown Universe by Stuart Clark - a Christmas present to myself :tongue: but I've barely had time to read it (another possible train read)
Cambridge update for today...
Formal at St Johns was amazing
Speaking to mentor and her friends about what it is like at university.
They all are soooo nice!!!

Definitely will have motivation after the scheme to try and get 4As and possible a 90+% UMS average so I have a shot at Cambridge. :smile: The shadowing has already persuaded me to possibly aim for Cambridge.
WOW This is inspiring :biggrin: All the best man and love the banner. I r8 that OP 8/8
Is it possible to do FP2 and FP3 in 4 months. I work hard but is it enough time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by AliBalhas
Is it possible to do FP2 and FP3 in 4 months. I work hard but is it enough time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not sure why you are asking this here but yes, very possible
31/01/2016 - 12:30 to 18:48 (with two roughly 1 hour breaks in between & dinner which took an roughly an hour). So a 3 hours and a bit worth of textbook work and skimming chem guide.
Chemistry - finished notes on 3.1.6 Chemical equilibria, Le Chatelier’s principle and Kc, again stuff I haven't covered in class but I like to get ahead. I have now pretty much finished my notes on physical chemistry. Will need to redraft again before I start condensing. And of course practice doing calculations.

Plans for later...
Maths - Going to start C2 Chapter 3 - Trapezium rule and go through all the exercises. Should take me a few hours worth of solid work to get through most or nearly all the questions.
Reply 32
Try to stay as away as possible from this site, you'll regret it. That's how you'll achieve those grades. You can visit whenever doubts come up or anything of that sort.
Reply 33
Original post by maria.x
Try to stay as away as possible from this site, you'll regret it. That's how you'll achieve those grades. You can visit whenever doubts come up or anything of that sort.

I see your point but TSR does not necessarily hinder your performance
Reply 34
I see your point but TSR does not necessarily hinder your performance

All I wanted to say was that it is a form of distraction. After May or whenever the exams end, he or she can resume using this website. I'm addicted myself but I'm stopping temporarily starting tomorrow.
1/02/16 18:06
Maths - finished chapter 3 on trapezium rule and done over 50 questions integration in AQA C2 Textbook (most just easy plug and chug that takes a minute tops)

Further maths - finished chapter 4 in m1 revision guide (31 questions) on newton's second law.

- Hope to finish chapter 5 questions tonight on connected particles.

Physics
- watch some videos on youtube on waves and revise

Chemistry
- read over equilibria, kinetics and energetics.
- Attempt chem1 past paper tonight under exam conditions.
02/02/16 (RELAX DAY)

:colondollar:University of Manchester Graphene and 2-dimensional Materials (Coursera)
I registered for this course last year and it has very recently just started.
Going to try and understand some stuff even though most of it is completely beyond me.

Chemistry - Marked CHEM 1 June 2013 Paper (HOMEWORK :colonhash: thanks miss)
58/70 - 83% (A) - 86 UMS
Improvements to be made - revise coordinate bonding, fractional distillation of crude oil products and uses, forgot catalyst in a catalytic conveter (iridium, platinum, rhodium, palladium), when you talk about ionic bonding actually explain what it is, read the question properly :angry:
Thoughts - okay, need to work on wording things correctly.
I hate the way my teacher is giving us relatively recent past papers to do. I don't want to waste them especially since from personal experience I tend to do a lot better nearer exam time.
(edited 8 years ago)
This sounds like a cool way to set yourself up for success. I, too, am aiming for 4 A's in my AS exams in June, so I can apply for Oxford (pfft) and Warwick. However, unlike you, I am doing humanities instead of sciences. Either way, good luck, you deserve it! :smile:
04/02/16 21:24
Feelings - demotivated and tired.
What I plan to do tonight...
Maths - Starting maths homework on chapter 3 trapezium rule and get it done for tomorrow.
Further Maths - Finish chapter 5 in mechanics 1 revision guide :frown: I planned to finish it a few days ago.

Its nearly the weekend! I actually can't wait because that is when I am most productive.
- I plan to redraft my physical chemistry notes on Saturday and start writing notes.
- I am also going to make myself an exam timetable & plan the amount of past papers I am going to do per day.
- Start typing up physics notes which should take me a lot less time compared to chemistry
- Finish all questions in m1 revision guide
- Do just the hard questions in chapter 1, 2, 3 and 4 in FP1 textbook
- Re-watch all my further maths lectures from the FMSP and have a look at Integral's resources
06/02/16
Saturday yay
Slight change of plan. I managed to write extra notes from the AQA approved textbook which I barely use. Physical out of the way so far.

Currently skimming through Inorganic.
Will also make proper notes on Organic tonight from it. I CAN DO THIS!!
Hopefully I will have enough time to put together and rewrite all my notes as well even if it kills me. No early bed for me tonight.

Tommorrow Ive decided to get through as many AQA C1 papers as I can. Hopefully full marks in most of them!
And finish off all the mechanics revision guide questions.

Physics I will neglect until half term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending